Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  56
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: Photographers need to be fit - how do you keep fit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    I also know a couple of farmers in their 90's that can still put in a full days work and they have never been to a gym or used any exercise equipment in their lives.
    They also have the advantage of a life time of physical work on their side...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty72 View Post
    If any industry (be it photography or generals in the military) only ever listen to other 'experts' who think like they do, that may explain why this country is stuck in an innovation black hole.

Without outside influence, you simply get inbred opinion.
    talking about one's health here, nothing to do with innovation in Australia, just common sense.

define 'inbred' opinion please? I dont know about you, but I rather have knowledgeable 'inbred' opinions rather than stupid or wrong opinions from outside influence. I welcome and love outside influence in my life, but not when its stupid/wrong/misleading and the said argument cannot back down due to pride and digging a hole too far to China

Would the AIPP be defined as having 'inbred' opinions then? Since it is, in a general sense - a formal body of those in the industry, to assist others in the industry, hence we are all inbreds!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, 1/2 page on topic and 3 1/2 of squabbling over semantics. If only Longshots had titled the post "SOME photographers need to be fit" it would have possible been only mildly interesting instead of another 'car crash' thread (one you don't want to read but really don't want to miss either). Seriously Longshots, what were you thinking [/sarcasm]
    Canon 50D - Zuiko 28/2.8 50/1.8 100/2.8 - Tokina 11-16/2.8

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For some reason I cant quote this latest gem. So its pasted and copied:

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty72 View Post
    If any industry (be it photography or generals in the military) only ever listen to other 'experts' who think like they do, that may explain why this country is stuck in an innovation black hole.

Without outside influence, you simply get inbred opinion.

And now its suggested that I should gave written something different. Well heres a challenge to some - go back and read what I originally wrote.

My only question was how do you keep fit. And thats produced a tirade of simple antogonistic abuse from some against people such as myself, a full time professional photographer - who meets other full time photographers, and guess what, theres one thing in common, most, MOST are people who need to stay fit.

So I stupidly asked what others did to stay fit, after I'd made an informed comment about others in my profession.

There was no slant or dig against those who are not fit. There was nothing from me against disabled people who cant kneel etc. There was only one question, which followed a personal observation (gathered after 35 years of selling my work to those who post offensive comments like calling me inbred !). And I believe that if those interested in a career in photography - and guess what, there are some here - look at the regular postings on the topic.

So this is what I originally posted - for the love of GOD read it:

I've found that its important to keep fit as a photographer.

Out of curiosity I was interested to know what others do to stay fit ?
    You see - there's the personal observation

And then thats followed by the simple question of what others do to keep fit.

If posting that simple and innocuous question can elicit so many issues on OHS, and other great speeches from those who simply want to attack everything I post here, then its clear that theres no point in posting anything at all.
    Last edited by Longshots; 15-06-2011 at 7:27pm. Reason: just because
    William

www.longshots.com.au

I am the PhotoWatchDog

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I am closing this thread. Unfortunately William posted what was a great topic which could have been filled with some interesting answer about what AP members do to keep fit, nothing more. But it was hijacked by a few with alternate agendas and frankly that is pathetic. AP is here to be fun, enjoyable and educational about photography and this thread was nothing to do with what your Boss has done to you in your workplace etc.

As for the 'inbred opinion' remark. EVERY MEMBER on AP is entitled to have and state their opinion, and that remark was well below the standard I expect from members on this site.
    Last edited by ricktas; 15-06-2011 at 7:40pm.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456