Site Rules Breach - Permanent Ban
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty72 View Post
    Here

A quick fly-by this morning.

Taken from over the fence in the pouring rain.., I didn't hang around to get a good shot

_MG_5598 by CyclingScotty, on Flickr
    My Grandparents are about 20 metres west of that taller headstone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by peterb666 View Post
    Do note that that cemetary is locked at night. It is also patrolled by a private security firm.
    For the 5 mins I was there, I did see one patrol in the distance but, also plenty of early morning joggers running inside the grounds that the patrol seemed to ignore.

Much of the fence is only about 4 feet tall.
    Canon 7D : Canon EF 70-200mm f:2.8 L IS II USM - Canon EF 24-105 f:4 L IS USM - Canon EF 50mm f:1.8 - Canon EF-s 18-55mm f:3.5-5.6
    Sigma APO 150-500mm f:5-6.3 DG OS HSM
    - Sigma 10-20mm f:3.5 EX DC HSM
    Speedlite 580 EX II - Nissin Di866 II - Yongnuo 460-II x2 - Kenko extension tube set - Canon Extender EF 1.4x II
    Manfroto monopod - SILK 700DX Pro tripod - Remote release - Cokin Z-Pro filter box + Various filters

Current Social Experiment: CAPRIL - Wearing a cape for the month of April to support Beyond Blue
    Visit me on Flickr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's an amazing cemetery; I've walked past it on the Bondi to Coogee walk a few times, I think there may be more than one in the area as well is there not? A few larger crypts and stuff too, and lots of old, classic stuff that the Goth's love. I think it's safe to take everyone's advice here; keep quiet and out of the way of others and you'll be fine. Often it's easier to ask forgiveness than permission, but in this case, maybe permission would be best...especially if there are security patrols
    Andy

Nikon D7000, 70-200mm (newly obtained...no pictures up shot with it yet)
    Olympus E-420, 14-42mm, 18-180mm, 70-300mm f/3.5-5.6 (shutter has died on this one )

I am older than I look.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty72 View Post
    For the 5 mins I was there, I did see one patrol in the distance but, also plenty of early morning joggers running inside the grounds that the patrol seemed to ignore.
    They were probably searching for zombies and vampires. Good you were not wearing your cape.
    Cheers

PeterB666

Olympus Pen F with Metabones Speed Booster and Laowa 12mm f/2.8 or Voigtlander 10.5mm f/0.95 or Nikon D800 with the Laowa 12mm f/2.8. The need to keep in touch with the past is a Nikon Photomic FTn or Nikon F2A and a Nikkor 25-50mm f/4 AI

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by reaction View Post
    well, I guess everyone eventually wants to try to take some photos in a graveyard.

what is the etiquette in doing such shoots? ie, is it OK to touch the stones, are there places we shouldn't walk, things the model shouldn't touch or do?

the model wants to do some vampire stuff, we haven't found a graveyard yet, but want somewhere with long rows of stones close together to get the immersive feel.
    A friend of mine is a professional photographer. She concentrates mostly on fashion, with some private portrait shoots, band shoots, and weddings. When she was first starting out, she got many of her friends t model for her a few times while she built a portfolio. I did a couple of shoots with her, and one of those was in a graveyard.

She had a friend of hers, who is a makeup artist, come and help. They told me to dress 'punk' but when I turned up they had other ideas
    So there I was in Mona Vale cemetery on an overcast Sunday morning, looking more glam rock than punk, with a fluoro-orange, tight shirt and a full set of pool/beach toys (ball, inflatable mattress etc) all in orange as well, face and hair done up in a pasty-white, sort of goth style, trying to dodge mourners while we did a shoot.

I felt really, really uncomfortable, hoping I wasn't offending anyone. We had to keep running and hiding behind a wall whenever people came near, but in the end there was a pretty cool set of pics. A lot of black, white and orange shots in the end.

Do you think that went too far?
    Last edited by Irru; 13-06-2011 at 7:00pm.
    Panasonic GH2 --- Pana 7-14mm --- Pana 100-300mm --- Pana f1.7/20mm --- Panaleica f2.8/45mm macro --- Pana 14-45mm
    Canon G10 when I want to pocket it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did a shot for the 2 Day Challenge today the theme is Rusty. Took the shot in the cemetary used DOF and cropped. I think it gave the feel to the theme without disrespecting anyone, either dead or alive.

Rust in Peace

I liked this about your photo.......To improve on it you could........Well done and keep posting

http://www.flickr.com/photos/roshoto/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by peterb666 View Post
    They were probably searching for zombies and vampires. Good you were not wearing your cape.
    I knew I forgot something.

Site Rules Breach - Permanent Ban
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Irru View Post
    A friend of mine is a professional photographer. She concentrates mostly on fashion, with some private portrait shoots, band shoots, and weddings. When she was first starting out, she got many of her friends t model for her a few times while she built a portfolio. I did a couple of shoots with her, and one of those was in a graveyard.

She had a friend of hers, who is a makeup artist, come and help. They told me to dress 'punk' but when I turned up they had other ideas
    So there I was in Mona Vale cemetery on an overcast Sunday morning, looking more glam rock than punk, with a fluoro-orange, tight shirt and a full set of pool/beach toys (ball, inflatable mattress etc) all in orange as well, face and hair done up in a pasty-white, sort of goth style, trying to dodge mourners while we did a shoot.

I felt really, really uncomfortable, hoping I wasn't offending anyone. We had to keep running and hiding behind a wall whenever people came near, but in the end there was a pretty cool set of pics. A lot of black, white and orange shots in the end.

Do you think that went too far?
    Show us the photos Please
    Col

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12