User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: what tripod do you recomend

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what tripod do you recomend

i want a new tripod dont wanna spend more then 200 all up i want it mainly for pano ramas and landscape shots, i was thinking man frotto but theres so many choices what do u recomend,

btw ive got a 500d with battery grip and usually using my 28-135 but sometimes my 18-55 kit lens also

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi...

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome to AP, there are plenty of threads on this site about tripods, use the search function.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi and welcome. Check out tha Vanguard range online. Great tripods at great price. Enjoy the site.
    Cheers, Paul.
    Canon 50D w BG l Nifty Fifty l Sigma 10-20 f4-5.6 l Sigma 24-70 f2.8 l EF 100mm f2.8 USM Macro l EF 300 f4L IS USM l EF 1.4X ll TC l 430EXII l Vanguard Alto Pro 263 w BH100 l Manfrotto 680B w 234RC l Lowepro Bags.l Sigma EM-140 Ring Flash.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    200 all up is nothing. there really isn't much difference what you get in that range. nothing like wasting your DSLR with a shakey tripod! you'll do panos OK, but forget having fun while doing night shots, macro, or any smooth movement in the head.

manfrotto is like a BMW priced Toyota imho.
    you can get your $ to work harder elsewhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by reaction View Post
    manfrotto is like a BMW priced Toyota imho.
    you can get your $ to work harder elsewhere.
    Interesting. My thinking is along the lines of, if you buy the right manfrotto then your getting BMW performance for the price of a Toyota...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feisol look pretty good ..I wanted one..but ended up with a used Goldphoto { manfrotto Rip} for $100..but I hate the tilt swivel head ..I researched the feisol when I was looking and was impressed with what I found

also the goldphoto tripod aint bad for the money..its a Toyota priced like a Mitsubishi ..:}

http://www.feisol.net/feisol-large-f...ipod-p-85.html
    Last edited by Tommo1965; 10-06-2011 at 9:34pm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quite a few people on AP have Benro tripods and are quite happy with them, me included, and you'll get a good unit & head for <$200.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Benro-A26...item231116cc96

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the GoldPhoto tripod myself, the YH314C model, pretty strong & sturdy but has a bit of weight. I don't find the 3 way head to bad but did buy a good Manfrotto ball head that I switch from tripod to monopod, its just easier. The GoldPhoto tripods come in a few different sizes, I'm quite happy with mine & never had an issue with it, cost me around $200 from a camera shop with 3 way head & padded carry bag.
    Pentax K20D & Grip, Sigma 17-70 f2.8-4.5 DC Macro, Sigma APO 70-200 f2.8 EX DG HSM II, Metz Mecablitz 48 AF-1 flash, LowePro Flipside 300 backpack, Photoshop CS 5, Lightroom 3, Manfrotto Monopod & 498 RC2 Ball Head, GoldPhoto "Tracker" Tripod, Hoya CPL and UV filters, Yongnuo RF602 flash triggers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the Goldphoto with a "joystick" head. It lasted just over a year before the legs became dodgy (one section used to fall out when it wasn't locked into position, and one of the locking bits at the top broke so one leg wouldn't lock into position). Also, when I upgraded to the 7D from the 450D I found the head wasn't strong enough.

Just bought a Manfrotto 055XBPRO and 498RC2 and so far very happy with my $300 purchase...
    Shirl
    Gear - 7D, Canon 100mm macro f2.8L, Sigma 10-20, Sigma 24-70 f2.8, nifty fifty, tripod, hitech filters, lowepro versapack and a long wishlist!
    http://www.shirleymilburn.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/ShirleyMilburnPhotography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats a bit strange with the GoldPhoto, mine seems to be very good & strong, heavy as well, its virtually identical to the Manfrotto. I haven't had a problem using my K20D with grip & Sigma 70-200 f2.8 lens, also with flash mounted on camera, reasonably heavy but no probs even with 3 way head. I do prefer the Manfrotto ball head though, just easier to use.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my goldphoto legs were a tad lose when done up but I pinched the bolt up a bit on the locking tabs and its ok now....all in all..for the money its not a bad camera holder
    Last edited by Tommo1965; 15-07-2011 at 9:03am.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzi Paul View Post
    Thats a bit strange with the GoldPhoto, mine seems to be very good & strong, heavy as well, its virtually identical to the Manfrotto. I haven't had a problem using my K20D with grip & Sigma 70-200 f2.8 lens, also with flash mounted on camera, reasonably heavy but no probs even with 3 way head. I do prefer the Manfrotto ball head though, just easier to use.
    Yeah I'm not sure what happened, I dont recalling dropping it or banging it significantly but something broke inside . The head was only rated 2.8kgs, so I think when I upgraded to the 7D it struggled.