User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  4
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do you do with the pictures you take?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks JJ .. ya justmade me realise I take 1000's of pics .. and honestly do sweet FA with them ..
    I probly have 30-40GB of photos i've taken over the last 5-6 years ... (prob 95% should have been scrapped when taken..lol .. but i am slack)
    I might show some better ones here.. and put some on RB with the hope someone might like them enuf to buy ... lol
    Gallery some for friends to see ...
    I think it's time for a selfbuttkick and bite the bullet for printing some for a market stall i've been procrastinating about for the last year ..

Cheers
    - Daz
    weathers good.. bird pics .... weathers bad .. storm pics..
    do or do not.. ...stop ya procrastinating!!!!
    Canon EOS 60D, Sigma 120-400mm F4.5-5.6 APO DG OS, EOS 300D, Canon EF 28-80mm 3.5-5.6 IV, Canon EF 35-70mm 3.5-4.5, Canon EF 50mm 1.8

A royal pain in the bum! arthurking83's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jjphoto View Post
    I take lots of photo's yet I never actually do anything with them. .... [SNIP]

.... and that's always enough for me.
    Ditto!
    Nikon D800E, D300, D70s
    {Nikon}; -> 50/1.2 : 500/8 : 105/2.8VR Micro : 180/2.8 ais : 105mm f/1.8 ais : 24mm/2 ais
    {Sigma}; ->10-20/4-5.6 : 50/1.4 : 12-24/4.5-5.6II : 150-600mm|S
    {Tamron}; -> 17-50/2.8 : 28-75/2.8 : 70-200/2.8 : 300/2.8 SP MF : 24-70/2.8VC

{Yongnuo}; -> YN35/2N : YN50/1.8N

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got organised enough to have a folder of images i'd like to print... but that's as far as I've gotten.

One day...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Usually i find myself uploading them to flickr, facebook etc, but if funds would permit i would love to have all of the keepers printed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Flickr, Facebook (descreasingly).

I rarely print
    Canon 7D : Canon EF 70-200mm f:2.8 L IS II USM - Canon EF 24-105 f:4 L IS USM - Canon EF 50mm f:1.8 - Canon EF-s 18-55mm f:3.5-5.6
    Sigma APO 150-500mm f:5-6.3 DG OS HSM
    - Sigma 10-20mm f:3.5 EX DC HSM
    Speedlite 580 EX II - Nissin Di866 II - Yongnuo 460-II x2 - Kenko extension tube set - Canon Extender EF 1.4x II
    Manfroto monopod - SILK 700DX Pro tripod - Remote release - Cokin Z-Pro filter box + Various filters

Current Social Experiment: CAPRIL - Wearing a cape for the month of April to support Beyond Blue
    Visit me on Flickr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only the ones I deem acceptable go to Flickr everything else stays on my HDD's
    Cartel Imagery
    Flickr

Nikon D7000
    Sony a65
    Canon 5D MKII

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most pics just sit idly on my hard drive..Some end up on flickr or redbubble, but this is becoming increasingly rare..After my last few holidays, I have made a point of making photo books..Actually, this thread has inspired me to frame a few pics and hang them on my walls..I have the frames and bought some matt board a few weeks back, so will tackle the project tomorrow!
    flickr

C+C welcome and appreciated

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most sit on facebook, or on here and photobucket.

I have started a Redbubble account but only have a couple of photo's

I am starting to print my favourites and put them on my walls. But thats usually only photo's i've taken of my kids or still life shots.

I'd love to print out my favourite photo's from clients sessions, but think it may be seen as strange having other peoples kids on my walls? Even though it is my work and I love the images I have produced...
    Cheers
    Emma

Avoid shooting with a 12 gauge shotgun. Use a Canon instead.

Canon 5D, Canon 7D, 50mm 1.4, 18-55mm, Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 VC, Sigma 70-200mm f2.8, 580EX Speedlight. Facebook

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For me I have been printing some out putting into a folder and dating them as I am just learning one day I am hoping to look back and see if I have been improving
    All experts were once beginners

Nikon D3100 18 55 kit lens Nikon 35 mm Nikon 70 300mm optex tripod

MWAH! Sandy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do very little with them, but I do try to make them into slide shows.
    If I am entertaining, I tend to put a couple of slideshows around the house - one on the TV and another on my laptop (usually sitting on the bar).

I suppose that I ought to get some digital photo frames, but they're still a little pricey. I feel bad saying that because the only way that can be cheaper is to exploit poor people in China/India even more - but at this point I can't justify the money anyway. I do have a couple of older LCD monitors that I rarely use any more (since switching to laptop). I was thinking of framing them and mounting them on walls, and running them from a server. The problem being that a desire to conserve electricity means they'd be blank and ugly for the majority of the time...

I also post some pics to facebook, usually if the pic is something that will mean more to my friends that to me. For example, to practice I've been down to the dog park with my friends and their dog. I have no real desire to keep pics of their dog though, but figure they might like any of the good ones.
    Panasonic GH2 --- Pana 7-14mm --- Pana 100-300mm --- Pana f1.7/20mm --- Panaleica f2.8/45mm macro --- Pana 14-45mm
    Canon G10 when I want to pocket it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So far I've made a book of my daughter for her grandparents, have a few in frames at work and one small canvas on my wall.

That said, the other week I was shown the value of Lightroom and how easy it is to really make images pop and export to print. I'm still learning these techniques but at the same class it was also pointed out that a photo quality A3+ Epson printer can be purchased for $400 and along with some archival quality paper you can do your own prints at home for next to nothing!

Yes, it's a big initial outlay and the ink is expensive to re-fill, but the per-print price works out much lower than your standard Hardly Normal or similar and I think you're much more likely to fill frames or print for family/friends/clients if it's so quick and easy.

That's my view of the future anyway...hope it works! lol
    Andy

Nikon D7000, 70-200mm (newly obtained...no pictures up shot with it yet)
    Olympus E-420, 14-42mm, 18-180mm, 70-300mm f/3.5-5.6 (shutter has died on this one )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Currently, I have most of my images sitting around on disks and hard drives. Occasionally I put together flash galleries of a set of images or images of common themes (e.g. aviation images, landscape images) which I email to family and friends. But really, most of the images I take I do nothing with. I think I might have to print one or two to hang up after reading this thread.
    Nathan
    C & C Welcome
    Nikon D7100, 18-140mm lens, 35mm lens

My Flickr Photostream: https://www.flickr.com/photos/134236984@N02/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12