User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  6

Thread: "Volcanic Ash in Tasmania"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Volcanic Ash in Tasmania"

For everyone in Tassie, Seeing the Volcanic Ash cloud from the Chilian Volcano eruption is moving your way , This might be a real good opertunity to get some excellent Sunrises and Sunsets , So long as your not choking to death at the time You should get some interesting colours, Just a heads up if you had'nt heard the news this morning
    Last edited by William; 12-06-2011 at 10:54am.
    Canon : 30D, and sometimes the 5D mkIII , Sigma 10-20, 50mm 1.8, Canon 24-105 f4 L , On loan Sigma 120-400 DG and Canon 17 - 40 f4 L , Cokin Filters

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi. Yeah, we could get some great photos. Hopefully the cloud cover will move off and we get to see the sun too
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    Hi. Yeah, we could get some great photos. Hopefully the cloud cover will move off and we get to see the sun too
    Would be much the same up here Rick, Hardly seen the sun for 2 weeks So like you then it would'nt make much difference , But worth keeping an eye on

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe we might get some ash down here in southern Vic too Bill
    Canon 7d efs 15-85mm, Sigma 150-500mm. Nicon coolpix 5400

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duane Pipe View Post
    Maybe we might get some ash down here in southern Vic too Bill
    I'd say so, Keep a check on the news, A heap of flights cancelled to NZ and Tassie today because of it Not that that worries me personally, But it would be a great inconvienience to some Good for Photographers tho

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Bill. They must be expecting it to be thick too if they have cancelled flights, I will google it later. Cheers mate. PS I very rarely get the chance to shoot sunsets, I cant drive after 3 pm due to
    my drinking

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A snippet from the news

"While the main ash cloud is expected to pass to the south of the Australian mainland it has reached airspace in southern Tasmania and the south island of New Zealand," the authority said in a statement.

"The northern edge of the cloud is expected to reach Victoria, southern NSW and the Australian Capital Territory (Canberra), but it is also diffusing.

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My sister emailed that last night the sunset from her house (high up at Lenah Valley) was violet, and I saw some spectacular shots on another forum of said phenomena. Let's see 'em, Taswegians!
    Odille

“Can't keep my eyes from the circling sky”

My Blog | Canon 1DsMkII | 60D | Tokina 20-35mm f/2.8 AF AT-X PRO | EF50mm f/1.8| Sigma 150-500mm F5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM | Fujifilm X-T1 & X-M1 | Fujinon XC 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS | Fujinon XC 50-230mm F3.5-5.6 OIS | Fujinon XF 18-55mm F2.8-4R LM OIS | tripods, flashes, filters etc ||

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duane Pipe View Post
    Thanks Bill. They must be expecting it to be thick too if they have cancelled flights, I will google it later. Cheers mate. PS I very rarely get the chance to shoot sunsets, I cant drive after 3 pm due to
    my drinking
    I have the same problem, I hope we get some , Just a little up here , @ Odille, would love to see a purple sunrise

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the tip William. I didn't spot this thread until today though.

Driving home just after 5.05 there were spectacular colours in the sky. West in the sky was a brilliant red (straight over Mt Dromedary) and behind us was violet colours. I did grab my camera and used the settings as they were - Manual, 1/400s and f/4.5 or so. If we stopped the car I would probably have missed it. My shot has a fair bit of noise in the dark areas. I'll try again sometime but hopefully for a planned shoot.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm on the road but tonight looks like it might provide some good light for those with their cameras. I left mine at home today!

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm on the road but tonight looks like it might provide some good light for those with their cameras. I left mine at home today!
    @ Rick, You should know the Rules

@ Carol, Sounds interesting , Are you going to post the shots ?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    @ Rick, You should know the Rules

@ Carol, Sounds interesting , Are you going to post the shots ?
    My rules are that sometimes it is good to not have the camera and just enjoy the experience. I love taking photos, but also love not taking them and just sitting back and taking in the sunset etc, without thinking f18 at 10 seconds...hehe

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My rules are that sometimes it is good to not have the camera and just enjoy the experience. I love taking photos, but also love not taking them and just sitting back and taking in the sunset etc, without thinking f18 at 10 seconds...hehe
    Fair enough Rick, Good call Must admit I break the rule as well , For those that don't know what we're talking about , ( Always take your Camera with you) Ya never know what will happen