User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  4

View Poll Results: How do you generally vote?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • I swing, but usually vote labor

11 25.00%
  • Is there parties other then the Coalition?

7 15.91%
  • $5 each way for me

7 15.91%
  • Swinging Coalition voterl here

6 13.64%
  • Greens

6 13.64%
  • Labor, everytime

5 11.36%
  • Independants

2 4.55%
  • Other single issue parties

0 0%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which way do you go?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MARK L View Post
    I just think that if it doesn't interest you, you might think of all the people elsewhere who have died for their right to vote.
    And people have died planking. Something I also have no interest in.

Sorry mate, just because someone else died for something they believed in, does not mean I need to believe or have an interest in the same thing. No disrespect meant to the deceased, of course.

Billions of people have died for religion... don't even get me started on what I think of any and all religion or what I'd think of dying for it... because then it'll just get offensive.

As they say, to each their own.

Perpetually Bewildered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NSW (and Qld ?) imo has a good system of voting - optional preferential. You can give preferences to as few, or as many as you like. For the upper house you can put preferences above the line (again for as few or as many as you like) - if you just put "1" no one gets your preferences. However I'm told the upper house counting method is a bit strange, which is why a certain former Qld fish-and-chip shop owner almost got up last election.

If I know anything about the candidates I tend to go with the one I like (or in some instances dislike the least ). Given that Coalition candidates are almost invisible in my electorates they are unlikely to get my vote.

Cheers.
    Phil.

Some Nikon stuff. I shoot Mirrorless and Mirrorlessless.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff79 View Post
    And people have died planking. Something I also have no interest in.

Sorry mate, just because someone else died for something they believed in, does not mean I need to believe or have an interest in the same thing. No disrespect meant to the deceased, of course.

Billions of people have died for religion... don't even get me started on what I think of any and all religion or what I'd think of dying for it... because then it'll just get offensive.

As they say, to each their own.

Thanks for this post.

I think the argument that, 'people have fought & died for the right to vote: therefore you should be compelled to' is world class dumbness - and the retort of the utterly lazy.

People have also fought and died for the right to practise religion... So, do we make attendance at church etc. compulsory too.
    Others have fought and died for the right to bear arms... Are we all, therefore, required to carry an AK-47?
    I know! Free speech. We should all be compelled to never stop talking.
    And the right to life - so don't you dare die!

Back when I was a uni student: a group of us decided to each vote 7 times in the one election. We were floored at how easy it was. If only we were in a very marginal seat.
    Last edited by Scotty72; 13-06-2011 at 8:04pm.
    Canon 7D : Canon EF 70-200mm f:2.8 L IS II USM - Canon EF 24-105 f:4 L IS USM - Canon EF 50mm f:1.8 - Canon EF-s 18-55mm f:3.5-5.6
    Sigma APO 150-500mm f:5-6.3 DG OS HSM
    - Sigma 10-20mm f:3.5 EX DC HSM
    Speedlite 580 EX II - Nissin Di866 II - Yongnuo 460-II x2 - Kenko extension tube set - Canon Extender EF 1.4x II
    Manfroto monopod - SILK 700DX Pro tripod - Remote release - Cokin Z-Pro filter box + Various filters

Current Social Experiment: CAPRIL - Wearing a cape for the month of April to support Beyond Blue
    Visit me on Flickr

Formerly : Apollo62
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you think it's worth the time and effort to vote for people that promise you the earth and then give you all the excuses under the sun (core or non-core anyone?) to not deliver on those promises then, by all means vote. Personally, I'd like to see non-compulsory voting with all parties and candidates having campaign funding limits so it doesn't end up like the U.S. where obscene amounts of money get thrown around. Like that's ever gonna happen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you mentioned " Swingers ", I was worried that we might get taken off the net. Ahhh where would we be without politics ? Probably a lot better off ! It is funny when you think about it, that we think that the people we vote in can do the right thing by us. They don't have one iota who I am or what are my biggest concerns. Furthermore, they dont care. I must do some more indepth reading to find out who is to blame for all this.
    Cheers, Paul.
    Canon 50D w BG l Nifty Fifty l Sigma 10-20 f4-5.6 l Sigma 24-70 f2.8 l EF 100mm f2.8 USM Macro l EF 300 f4L IS USM l EF 1.4X ll TC l 430EXII l Vanguard Alto Pro 263 w BH100 l Manfrotto 680B w 234RC l Lowepro Bags.l Sigma EM-140 Ring Flash.

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PH005 View Post
    When you mentioned " Swingers ", I was worried that we might get taken off the net. Ahhh where would we be without politics ? Probably a lot better off ! It is funny when you think about it, that we think that the people we vote in can do the right thing by us. They don't have one iota who I am or what are my biggest concerns. Furthermore, they dont care. I must do some more indepth reading to find out who is to blame for all this.
    Simple, Ph005, without blaming anyone, just re-read some of the posts...

And now, in case it sounds like I'm just advocating mayhem, re-read mine.
    Hm.m!
    CC, Image editing OK.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to agree with Ving

I vote whoever tells the best porkies to attract me
    however as we have 3 levels of government we get to hear lots of porkies

When i say porkies I mean policies
    Cartel Imagery
    Flickr

Nikon D7000
    Sony a65
    Canon 5D MKII

A. P's Culinary Indiscriminant
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mpb View Post
    Independents generally, I hate party politics. Looks like I don't get to vote in this poll.
    Interesting notion - but how many “independents” are actually independent these days??? We have several of them making up the federal labor government at present.

Quote Originally Posted by ving View Post
    I dont seem to be able to see my option there... no i dont mean gravy! (though there should be gravy there)
    I dont vote based on what party i like or dislike. I dont donkey vote. I dont vote indies as a from of punishment for a party i dont like. I dont vote for what my parents voted for, I dont vote for whoever is popular at the time... i base my votes on what each politically party has to offer come election time, what policies they put forward, what i gain from said policies, what the country gains from said policies, etc. ...
    Ving is on the right track BUT, no matter which party or person:-

1. Can you trust them to keep their promises ?? too many classic examples of them blatantly not doing so e.g. Gillard before election – there will be No carbon tax. Gillard after the election – there must be a carbon tax
    2. Even if they try to keep their promises, are they competent enough to do it properly. Too many fiascos in last 18 months to even start to quote them.

Gosh ! that donkey is looking real good and not just for culinary purposes !
    Nikon and Pentax user

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i will vote for whoever allows live exports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123