Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    always so helpful darren

Site Rules Breach - Permanent Ban
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At te end of the day - this guy did the wrong thing and tried to deceive prospective clients - end of story - that simple !!

It's all about the Light!
    Tech Admin
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Michel View Post
    At te end of the day - this guy did the wrong thing and tried to deceive prospective clients - end of story - that simple !!
    And still has an ABN that is not him on his website as of an hour or so ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Come on lets keep to the original topic - if some want to start on their tired soap box that anyone can join the AIPP stance, then start another topic. Clearly the person referred to cannot because they are currently and previously have misrepresented themselves. But they're not alone - AIPP membership is by application, and you do have to follow and application process, and if you can pass that, and there is no issues of ethics against you, and you pass all of the other requirements yes you can join. If you fail that process, which involves an improved application system, then you cant. I believe thats off topic, so feel free to start your own topic.

FYI clearly the point of this is that "All is not what it seems" And someone purporting to be a member - a full accredited member by the way, (not one seeking a student membership (!)), by using an AIPP membership logo - falls into the "all is not what it seems" is in my understanding, misrepresentation (and just like copyright infringements just because you remove it/stop using something, doesnt mean that it never happened), and your local state Fair Trading office will I'm sure explain that to those who think thats all fair game !

To continue to do the wrong thing, even after you've been informed of what is right, is both foolish and ill informed, and while there are some here who havent been able to do their own research, I can assure you that when most people are given some clear advice as to what is right and what is wrong - ie unacceptable business practice, then they normally make amends and move on.

Not in this case. In this case myself and others ISP's have been targeted by an individual. And while they do that, they publicly attack the association they wanted to pretend to be a member of - also not allowing a public right of public reply to the incorrect accusations. They continue to pretend that they have their own ABN, and yet use three or four different websites all with different business names - none of which are registered. They also claim a Diploma of Photography, and that University categorically state that they do not offer such a course. And he does all of this pretending to be in business. And the actualities is that he is still a student - "still at Uni".

And for this individuals (and others), information: how does on check if someone is an accredited member of AIPP ? This in my view is fairly normal and I'm surprised if they think this is some sort of conspiracy. Well if someone comes to my website and sees the AIPP logo on my website, they can easily check to see if I am a member of that association by checking the AIPP database in the find a photographer section, or more easily, a phone call to the national office to check - its that simple.

While I understand that it takes all sorts to make up out community; I can completely understand why some people are those who "dont cross the street to help" when they see a problem ("the authorities can handle that eh ? nothing to do with me"); and then there are others who want to change things/improve things, and "we'll cross the street to help". Well I'm a "cross the street type of guy" and if I see someone in need, I'll be in there, and if I see something wrong, Ill be in there again, and if I see something that should be changed, I'm in there again. Thats why I do what I do. And in some cases all thats required is making sure that the relevant authorities who are charged with applying a set of standards to all are notified, then I have no problem with that. I dont expect everyone to agree with me and I dont expect everyone to share the same energy I have for this type of thing. I wouldnt have been lobbying governments, organisations, and companies for beneficial changes involving those in the photographic industry for the past couple of decades if I thought any differently. But as a gentle note, please dont tell me that I shouldnt speak out when I see something that is "not what it seems", because I'll continue speaking out and I'll continue taking action.

This topic is all about - "All is not what it seems". Not just one individual, but a plethora of those who promote, accept and support a lowering of standards where misrepresentation, and lying is all considered to be fair game.
    Last edited by Longshots; 09-06-2011 at 5:58pm.
    William

www.longshots.com.au

I am the PhotoWatchDog

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Said individual must also be a very thrifty person living of less than $75000 gross income so as to avoid charging GST also.
    Darren
    Gear : Nikon Goodness
    Please support Precious Hearts
    Constructive Critique of my images always appreciated

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And thanks for the threatening phone call from said individual

Which by the way, if you are going to threaten to "fix me" and use abusive language, you would be wise to take some action to protect me from seeing your phone number.

And FWIW, actually no I didnt raise the issue with AIPP initially.
    Last edited by Longshots; 09-06-2011 at 6:16pm.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    notice: I will be closing this thread shortly. Due to the extensive nature of an abusive phone call to one of the posters in this thread.

Whilst it has been a very good discussion on how not to run a business, it is not worth members being verbally threatened with their life for their input on ausphotography.
    Last edited by ricktas; 09-06-2011 at 8:38pm.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234