Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    chloe is like 'look at the camera guys!'
    ros is like 'where? what camera? where?!'
    hagrid is like 'i see the camera.... i'm trying to smile....'
    kekeke...
    They are indeed adorable Mecha-Wombat!!!! thanks for sharing!

Nikon D700 in all it's glory!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The cavalier king Charles spaniel on the left Brockie and the lab X is Rosie Rosie is such a poser she see's the camera and sits waiting for photos to be taken all the time she seems to love it.

rosie and brockie.jpg
    All experts were once beginners

Nikon D3100 18 55 kit lens Nikon 35 mm Nikon 70 300mm optex tripod

MWAH! Sandy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MARK L View Post
    So now the question is , can an olive breasted lorikeet (that still likes you) and a ferret live together?
    I reckon the lorikeet would prefer a smallfoot over a vet!
    Quote Originally Posted by smallfooties View Post
    MARK L >> too funny! hahahaha.... And my vet friend has 2 cats! so they are kept separately!
    You've got me thinking now... i'm going to her place on Saturday, see how Pablo goes with Jinks... i might spend a few times at her place with Pablo and Jinks together... hmmm! the possibilities!!!!
    For what it's worth ... I would never leave a ferret alone with any small animal - rat, mouse, bird, rabbit, whatever. I have had success over the years in getting dogs and cats to live harmoniously with other animals after a suitable intro/training period and with ongoing supervision, however ferrets are a whole different ballgame. They are determined, lightning fast when they want to be, highly intelligent and take "no" as a personal challenge. My little ferret, Diva, can climb curtains to walk along the curtain rod and uses high furniture that she can climb (ie. bookcases) as launching pads to other areas she can't get to from the ground. Disciplining them doesn't make a great deal of difference - ferrets are the perfect example of living in the moment and fun and adventure far outweigh any thought of consequences.

My rabbit lives in a pen with a buried mesh floor just outside the cat run where I let Diva out for some sunshine and fresh air. One day I discovered that she'd made a project of digging out of the cat run, under the rabbit's pen and, unfortunately, the mesh that was only really meant to keep the rabbit in wasn't quite small enough to keep Diva out. Merlin's screams let me know he was in trouble and I raced out to find a 700g ferret trying to drag a 3kg rabbit back down the hole she'd dug. Merlin wasn't injured and recovered OK from his fright, thank goodness, but I have been even more paranoid about this sort of thing ever since.

Seriously, ferret proofing is a full time job and I would have my heart in my mouth all the time if a bird was loose. Diva has her own room shut off with a perspex covered baby gate and she stays in there when I'm at work and at night when I go to bed (try sleeping with a ferret biting your toes!). She's got one cloudy eye from a cat scratch when she wouldn't back off ... and she still hasn't learned her lesson. If a cat tries to defend itself she just says, "Bring it on!!!!".

Sorry to go on so long.
    Last edited by Michaela; 10-06-2011 at 6:31pm.
    Michaela

Comments and critique always welcome and appreciated.

My photos on Flickr
    Canon 5D Mk III | 7D | Assorted Canon Lenses

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Michaela View Post
    For what it's worth ... I would never leave a ferret alone with any small animal - rat, mouse, bird, rabbit, whatever. I have had success over the years in getting dogs and cats to live harmoniously with other animals after a suitable intro/training period and with ongoing supervision, however ferrets are a whole different ballgame. They are determined, lightning fast when they want to be, highly intelligent and take "no" as a personal challenge. My little ferret, Diva, can climb curtains to walk along the curtain rod and uses high furniture that she can climb (ie. bookcases) as launching pads to other areas she can't get to from the ground. Disciplining them doesn't make a great deal of difference - ferrets are the perfect example of living in the moment and fun and adventure far outweigh any thought of consequences.

My rabbit lives in a pen with a buried mesh floor just outside the cat run where I let Diva out for some sunshine and fresh air. One day I discovered that she'd made a project of digging out of the cat run, under the rabbit's pen and, unfortunately, the mesh that was only really meant to keep the rabbit in wasn't quite small enough to keep Diva out. Merlin's screams let me know he was in trouble and I raced out to find a 700g ferret trying to drag a 3kg rabbit back down the hole she'd dug. Merlin wasn't injured and recovered OK from his fright, thank goodness, but I have been even more paranoid about this sort of thing ever since.

Seriously, ferret proofing is a full time job and I would have my heart in my mouth all the time if a bird was loose. Diva has her own room shut off with a perspex covered baby gate and she stays in there when I'm at work and at night when I go to bed (try sleeping with a ferret biting your toes!). She's got one cloudy eye from a cat scratch when she wouldn't back off ... and she still hasn't learned her lesson. If a cat tries to defend itself she just says, "Bring it on!!!!".

Sorry to go on so long.
    After reading that - I still want one! I don't have rabbits, just one geriatric staffy and a boisterous one (who still hasn't learnt that cats aren't toys), perhaps the ferret can put him in his place? Or perhaps I'll end up with two Houdini's instead of one...hahah

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sezzy View Post
    After reading that - I still want one! I don't have rabbits, just one geriatric staffy and a boisterous one (who still hasn't learnt that cats aren't toys), perhaps the ferret can put him in his place? Or perhaps I'll end up with two Houdini's instead of one...hahah
    LOL! Don't get me wrong ... ferrets are terrific fun, but they can be their own worst enemy. They can get along OK with dogs, but for all their tough exteriors ferrets can easily be injured either by a dog stepping on them or snapping at them, in play or self defense. Close supervision would be necessary when they're together. Our Kelpie is OK with Diva, but not the Corgi/Jack Russell cross (he's good with everything else, but snappy around ferrets - I wonder why? ).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have really enjoyed seeing all these pics, thanks for the smile.
    Here is my girl,

CC is welcomed & appreciated

5d Mark II

Photography by nature is spiritual, considering it comes from the darkness to show the light.
    - Kevin Russo

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sezzy >>> a ferret is so much fun but really hard work!
    I only have pablo but he keeps me on my toes all the time!
    And he stinks my place up!
    hahaha... but i love him nevertheless...

Thank you Chilli for the picture! She does look like she is smiling at the camera! Beautiful smile too!
    Nikkie>>> your king charles is the same colour as Prince! I miss him... had him when i was 4... so he is long gone now...
    Michaela>> i hear ya! I think Pablo is too playful and too rough with his play sometimes... i see the way he attacks his squeaky toy and i'm wondering if he might do the same with Jinks!

Thanks guys for the pictures! Do keep them coming!!!! It's a wonderful thing to share our furry love ones with everybody!

Cheers!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I need to borrow one for a week or two smallfooties...just to make sure the dogs don't try to 'play' with it...

Our two stink the place up - you give them a bath, they go and rub themselves in something awful in the yard...and then try and jump into bed with you...

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sezzy View Post
    I think I need to borrow one for a week or two smallfooties...just to make sure the dogs don't try to 'play' with it...

Our two stink the place up - you give them a bath, they go and rub themselves in something awful in the yard...and then try and jump into bed with you...

hahaha...
    hmmm yeah i think you can contact your local ferret club and ask if you could borrow one...
    I think you are able to do that as when i was looking for a ferret, i contacted the ferret club and they got me in contact with one of their members who offered me to bring one home for a week.
    you can also spend some time with a member and their ferret at their home and ask them all the questions you can think of... people are usually excited to talk with you about the ups and downs of keeping a fuzzball.
    do let us know if you managed to get one for the week?
    and keep us updated of when you finally get one of your own if all works well...
    I hope you'll be able to get one of your own as they are beautiful companions...

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is Pablo eating his raw chicken breast... i'm switching him to raw diet now...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the Maltese shitzu: Nacho

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey! thanks for sharing!
    Nacho is so beautiful! Love the fur coat... must be nice and warm to hug in winter! kekeke...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's Missy from her photoshoot last Sunday:

web_29.jpg

Some people see her and think she's a big scary guard dog, but... She's the biggest baby ever. She used to get chased by little dogs, although she has gotten over that.
    Last edited by achee; 22-06-2011 at 11:41am.

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow Missy is beautiful! there's something majestic about her... German Shepards aka Alsatians are my mum's favourite!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice thread SF...nice to see healthy happy animals
    Imagine a world without photography... one could only imagine. - Berenice Abbott

I Shoot Canon

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Gemini! It is indeed a pleasure to see such beautiful creatures...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JimD
    Sorry to hear of your loss.

Cindy is the most loving cat she checks where I am and follows me around like a dog..
    She is about 5 so hopefully she will be around for a long time still
    Of course she thinks its all a bore.
    Regards
    Last edited by Pine; 25-06-2011 at 2:44pm.
    Bodies : Canon 450D, Canon 7D
    Lenses : Canon 15-85 f3.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon 100mm F2.8 Makro USM, Canon 24-70 L F2.8 USM, Canon 70-200 L F4, Canon 100-400 L F4.5-5.6L IS USM
    Editing : Photoshop CS5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Achee
    What a beautiful dog we also love Alsations and will never be without one.
    Rex is great guard dog and is particular protective over Cilla.

Regards
    Last edited by Pine; 25-06-2011 at 2:41pm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is Fletcher, a recent addition to our family. He has the most beautiful nature, is really smart and quite adorable. We love him to bits.

Canon DSLRs & lenses | Fuji X series & lenses | Ricoh GR

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fletcher looks a little like your avatar, Jules!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast