Thread: Pentax WG-1 VS Olympus MJu8000

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pentax WG-1 VS Olympus MJu8000

Hello All

I am looking at purchasing another waterproof camera, in the past i have had an olympus 725sw. Although being very happy with this little point and shoots performace what i was not happy with was the memory loss issues i had (quite a few) using the XD cards and also the fact that it just packed it in after 3years of pampered life.

With this in mind i am not looking at the pentax WG-1 gps, from what i can work out the Olympus MJu8000 is the equivilant model from them.

What i am asking for is any advice on either or other models that you guy would suggest? From what i can work out the pentax appears to be better value for money with the gps feature and serveral other pros.

THank you for your advice as you guys have been very helpfull with great advice to me in the past.

Jason
    Last edited by SoonRah; 04-06-2011 at 4:24pm. Reason: advice on which camera i should buy

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haven't any experience with the Pentax, however my in-laws have an older model Olympus, which just keeps on going.
    The Olympus models seem to provide pretty good image quality and on the whole are pretty reliable.
    Having moved back to SD cards you won't have those memory issues with the newer models
    Smoke Alarms Save Lives, Install One Today
    I shoot Canon
    Cheers, Mark

Account Closed
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having now purchased the Pentax, i ll keep you updated on how happy or unhappy i am with it.