Sorry I haven't been around for a while chaps, but in exciting news I have recently acquired Lightroom 3 an so can finally get on with organizing and PPing the photos I've been taking from all your advice! I have some pics I'm exited about so watch this space!

The point if this thread however is that I feel I have finally reached my limits with my 4/3 gear and Olympus camera. It's been a fun ride and a great introduction to photography, but I'm already exasperating at the poor Performance at low-light, the sluggish AF and the slim dynamic range, SO, time for a new camera...

My research and budget to date have brought me to two cameras; the Canon 7D and the Nikon D7000. I'm thinking the Nikon has the slight edge with regard AF and low light, but the Canon does seem a lot more popular and I hear better things about their lenses.

Whichever I choose I will probably stick with that brand for life (ish) and intend buying full-frame glass even though they're both APS-C bodies to future proof the heady days of being able to afford a full-frame body.

So, Canon or Nikon...any thoughts?!