to answer the OP's actual question, I don't think that in our lifetime the sale of film will ever disappear completely, but I think that's it's very likely that the larger players in the industry, such as Kodak and Fuji will eventually have to cease production due to an unprofitable product.. that's for sure!
Those companies exist for one reason only.. to profit.
I doubt very much that Kodak produces film simply because of some inherent die hard photographic prejudice! They make it because it sells in the numbers where they still turn a profit.
Once that profit margin is completely eroded to record negative figures, they'll sell up the assets to the lowest bidder who will then take up the challenge of making some money from it.

Speaking of Kodak, I still believe that in Australia, Kodak will probably turn a profit over the next few years, merely from the fact that they're sitting on a billion dollar property ripe for residential redevelopment about 1 klm east of where I live.
I don't have any information on Kodak's financials, but my guess is that the majority of their income stream would now be derived from licensing the technology of their digital sensors, and the manufacture of them.

Going from the quoted figures in the article in the link, the film market seems to have dwindled to about 0.5% of what it once was, in a single decade.
The writing is on the wall for the large film manufacturers(as opposed to the film itself).

10 years... maybe less??