Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Competition threads

can't remember
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Competition threads

I'm confused. What happened to the competition threads? You know, the thread where all the pictures entered for the competition are laid out one after the other so that you can look at them all and vote.

All I can find is a thread full of thumbnails and tedious, slow-to-load click-one-at-a-time animated zoom boxes. Is there still a proper competition thread somewhere?

EDIT: "so that you can look at them all and vote" - That was badly worded. I know that the voting is in a different thread these days. Just looking for the all-the-pictures thread.
    Last edited by Tannin; 31-05-2011 at 2:10pm.
    Tony

Edit and critique at will. Tokina 10-17 fish, Canon 10-22, 24-105, 100-400, TS-E 24, 35/1.4, 60 macro, 100L macro, 500/4, Wimberley, MT-24EX, 580EX-II, 1D IV, 7D, 5D II, 50D.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Tony,

I am seeing the comp entries as normal, with all the thumbnails in a column and each opens quickly. Some sort of ISP glitch?

Ian
    Sony DSCR1 bridge camera; Sony Alpha SLT A57; Sony Zeiss 16-80mm f3.5-4.5 lens; Sigma 10-20mm UWA lens; converted Nikon 50mm f2.0 lens; Filters: ND4,ND8,ND1000, CP; Photoshop CS6. 82.7% of statistics are made up!

can't remember
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But how can you see them all in a thread?

It's all about the Light!
    Tech Admin
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You don't see them in a thread and have not for 12 months or so.

You see all comps via the Competitions (x) menu item.
    You can then click Search Competitionsfor older comps, or just scroll down and click for current and recent comps.

When you click on a comp link, it displays all entires as thumbs (unless voting is active),
    and then you click on a thumb to display it, lightbox renders the full sized and you can scroll through those images.

You can also click the voting thread for a comp and see the thumbs that way as well.
    Once voting is complete the member name is shown.

regards, Kym Gallery Honest & Direct Constructive Critique Appreciated! ©
    Digital & film, Bits of glass covering 10mm to 500mm, and other stuff

Tech Admin
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can't remember
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, I get it now. You can EITHER go through the "competitions" menu OR go to the obvious place in the forums ( ... er .. forums >> competitions >> POTW >> Advanced (or etc) and THEN click where it says "Click here to access the direct competition voting".

I assumed that "Click here to access the direct competition voting" meant "click here to vote", and I didn't want to vote because I hadn't seen the pictures yet.

Maybe the "Click here to access the direct competition voting" message could say something like "Click here to see the entries and cast your vote". That would be less confusing for old duffers like me.

Cheers Kym.
    Last edited by Tannin; 31-05-2011 at 3:50pm.

Tech Admin
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The preferred option is always the Competitions menu, it's generally much faster.
    Last edited by Kym; 31-05-2011 at 4:05pm.