Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Is this a good idea or not?

Ausphotography Veteran
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm...am I allowed to swear on this forum But knowing my luck, that is exactly what would happen
    D610 and D90 with a 16-35mm f/4,a 70-200mm f/4 ,a 300mm f/4 +TC11 convertor, 18-200mmDX and 85mm micro Dx.

Sally...CC always appreciated

My Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/salnel

Moderately Underexposed
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by salnel View Post
    Hmmm...am I allowed to swear on this forum
    Of course you are, the automatic forum censor takes care of the really un lady like not generally acceptable utterings anyway.

As I have often said before, Nikon simply does not make a lens that compares with the Canon 100-400 with the all important specifications of VR / IS, weight, fast focus ability, optical quality and price in the one package. If they had made such a lens a few years ago they would have sold millions of them.

The only other lens that comes close is the Sigma 100-300 F/4 + 1.4 tc ( recently discontinued and maybe replaced with an OS / VR / IS version ) and then that fails the VR / IS needs and falls behind slightly on weight.

If birds are your thing then the suggested Canon combinations by those who know in this thread make perfect sense, waiting and hoping for Nikon to produce something competitive might mean a lot of missed bird shots.
    Andrew
    Nikon, Fuji, Nikkor, Sigma, Tamron, Tokina and too many other bits and pieces to list.

It's all about the Light!
    Tech Admin
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I @ M View Post
    Newsflash!!!!

Hot off the press ---- Nikon have announced that they will release rumours of a new affordable AF-S VR11 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6D ED lens ------
    Fixed it for you

Ausphotography Veteran
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, Kym...not too sure "affordable" is a prerequisite for Nikon tele lenses
    Think you might be right, Andrew...well,it looks like I will be stepping in to the edges of the dark side...Now to start saving!
    Thanks, everyone for your input...much appreciated

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234