• Photoshop

151 56.13%
  • Lightroom

121 44.98%
  • Photoshop Elements

38 14.13%
  • Other

36 13.38%
  • Your Camera Brand one (Nikon Capture NX / Canon DPP, etc)

26 9.67%
  • Aperture

19 7.06%
  • Paint Shop Pro

16 5.95%
  • The Gimp

14 5.20%
  • Picassa

11 4.09%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: What photo editing software do you use regularly?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I usually use photoshop cs3 (old i know), but not for any advanced editing. Just raw conversion and levels.

Amor fati!
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PSP x3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use Lightroom exclusively for my photos, I don't use photoshop to do anything to them. I just like the way it manages my files!

Photoshop I use all day everyday for work. But everything I do in Lightroom I know how to do in Photoshop so yeah it's merely a work flow thing!

Decided to "shave" my signature ;]
    Now mostly shoots with: Canon 5D MK3 & Canon 24-70 f/2.8/50mm f/1.8 (also have a 550D with a variety of lenses/goodies and a Sony Nex-5N)
    PP with: Lightroom only, Photoshop is merely a 9-5 work tool for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to use Corel Graphics Suite, but after failing to upgrade at discount price a couple years in a row, I was no longer eligable for upgrade pricing, and gave up on the program. My brother put me onto The Gimp - main benefit, being free, but also, I've found it can do a lot of the things Corel did, just using different menu names, etc, so it's my main program now. I recently got Lightroom too, but have only used it a little bit so far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Photoshop cs6 with nik software and topaz plugins, and tony kuypers actions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use PS cs6. I have been using it for years and have my own little ways of achieveing the results I want. I bought the latest version recently at the discounted student rate of $180... anyone can buy the student one as long as you have a student living in your home, and as I understand it that includes primary school students.

I trialled LR but couldnt get my head around it and couldnt be bothered learning it either. I might give it another go some day.
    Canon 40D

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been too lazy to pp, but when I do, I use LR

Former Username : Wetpixels
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by exwintech View Post
    In Linux - Digikam, Gimp, Photoshop-7 - Gimp doesn't handle 16-bit TIFFs properly, yet.

RawTherapee is a bit of a muddle at present. DarkTable looks as if it's going to be very good indeed, very detailed, but the work sequencing, while improving by version, is pretty awkward so far. The promised "big update" after mid-year looks like answering some of those issues.
    I realise this is an old post, but having just explored Rawtherapee and Darktable, I just had to comment when I found it in a search .

Darktable's work flow is still horrible. I'd rate it as much worse than 'pretty awkward'. Also it's memory management is broken under 32 bit, and they seem to just make excuses, and imply you should use 64 bit. Doesn't explain why other programs, like Rawtherapee manage to work really well under 32 bit and Darktable doesn't.

But Rawtherapee, 4.0.11.8 current, is superb. I would predict I will use it more than anything else now I have it. I still use Digikam to manage my photos, and launch rawtherapee from Digikam, then if I need to, launch Gimp from rawtherapee. Gimp still converts the 16 bit TIFF to 8 bit, and strips the Exif though.
    80D, 600D, EFS 60mm Macro, Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM Lens - Contemporary, Sigma 18-250mm 1:3.5-6.3 DC Macro OS HSM lens, EF-S 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 IS STM lens, EF-S 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 IS II lens, EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II lens, Yongnuo YN500EX flash, Velbon Sherpa 5370D tripod, PH-157Q head, Klika W1003 monopod, AF Macro Extension tubes, LED Ringflash Software: Darktable, Gimp, DigiKam

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi wetpixels and thanks for the update. I haven't used darktable for a long time as I use rawtherapee and the gimp. I don't see gimp stripping exif data from my images though. I let rawtherapee output the file and then open it with the gimp, so that may be the difference.
    Steve

Former Username : Wetpixels
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fenderstrat1963 View Post
    Hi wetpixels and thanks for the update. I haven't used darktable for a long time as I use rawtherapee and the gimp. I don't see gimp stripping exif data from my images though. I let rawtherapee output the file and then open it with the gimp, so that may be the difference.
    That is one difference. I have tried both ways. Are you saving it from rawtherapee as jpeg or tiff? Jpeg will work, but tiff (which is used for opening the image in Gimp directly) won't keep the exif data.

The Gimp version I have, 2.8.4, according to what I read, and experience, will happily read the exif data if you open a jpeg, and and save it if you export it again as a jpeg, but if you open a tiff file in Gimp, it doesn't read the Exif, so it can't save it in any jpeg (or tiff) that you might export.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep - I see what you mean. The directly exported .jpg images have the exif data, but not the .jpg images from .tif files

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345