User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1

Thread: Photo paper

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Photo paper

I want to have some prints done.......I have the samples from Nuulab. That metallic paper is special! I have only ever used plain old matte.....
    I wondered what influenced you to choose a particular paper over another.......for a particular image.
    I have my red car shot that I thought would look cool on the metallic....... ...but having never had a print like that am I correct? What makes one paper better for an image than another?
    What about the pixie baby? How would she go on metallic?
    cheers
    Jan
    Last edited by ricstew; 27-05-2011 at 12:51pm. Reason: cause I thought AFTER I finished typing lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know Atkins here in Adelaide does metallic paper prints and they do bring out something special in very colourful or contrast laden prints. I've not toyed with that, but I can imagine if you had a special shot, for someones wall, it would be spectacular. I have only just walked out with an Epson 3880 and use mainly gloss stock, because it is set up for gloss or lustre. sending it out to the lab - well a good lab will be happy to advise based on your actual needs.
    Berni

""The most important piece of camera equipment you will ever own sits between your ears...."

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess not too many people print anymore which I think is sad...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd recommend looking at a few labs like the edge and image science, and experimenting with the gorgeous papers they use. I use nulab for basic stuff, but would never sell their prints to a client. They do a good job, but really, a portrait printed on cotton rag or bamboo or a gorgeous hanemuhle paper can't be beat IMO
    Living the dream...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricstew View Post
    What makes one paper better for an image than another?
    colour gamut...longevity....d-max....sharpness....how it will be mounted....texture.

I still do my own printing so I can't tell you much about endura metallic etc (it fogs up under a safelight)...but it's quite contrasty and very saturated. if that suits your image then it may be an option. it won't be any good behind glass though.