Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1

Thread: Printing brown / orange eyes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Printing brown / orange eyes

Hi All,
    Am having issues getting brown /orange eyes (an emu and my dog) to print. Results are dark and lifeless whereas OK in PS elements. Have set colour space etc same for elements and printer. tried different resolution but no go. I have Canon MP640 and Canon 60D...one pic JPG and other RAW....any suggestions please.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is your screen calibrated accurately? If not, your monitor is showing you incorrect/out of whack colours in relation to what is actually there.
    Canon 5D Mk II - gripped, Samyang 14mm f2.8, Canon 16-35mm f2.8L, 50mm f1.2L, 100mm Macro f2.8L, 70-200mm IS II f2.8L, Gitzo CF tripod and Gitzo CF monopod, Acratech GP Ballhead, Manfrotto Video Fluid Head, Intervalometer, and lots of other stuff!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Agree with Mark, you need a set standard from screen to print and the first part of producing top quality prints is ensuring your monitor is calibrated. Something like a Spyder is what you need. Then once your monitor is calibrated to a known standard you can start looking at printing and matching that to what you see on the screen.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys,I'll get onto it