Hi, Just after some help and after digging around on this forum I think I may have the answer, but I'm not absolutely sure.

I've got a Nikon D7000 and after doing a course decided to take my photo's in the NEF format. My daughter has Photoshop CS3 which she uses to convert her photo's - taken on her Nikon (can't remember the model number - but it's an older camera). She has no problem opening her NEF files.

I tried to open NEF files taken on my camera and it comes up with an error message stating "Could not complete your request because it is not the right sort of document". After searching the internet I found this webpage at adobe - http://www.adobe.com/support/downloa...atform=Windows but I can't find any plug in for CS3 that will enable it to open the NEF files I take on the D7000.

I assume - (I hope I'm wrong) that the only option for me is to buy a newer version if I want to use Photoshop to manipulate the images?????

(I know I can change the format to .jpeg using other programs, but that seems to defeat the purpose of taking photo's in the NEF format in the first place).

Any guidance would be appreciated.