User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  16
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Protocol, politeness and respect in AP

  1. #1
    Member ksolomon's Avatar
    Join Date
    30 Mar 2011
    Location
    Gold Coast
    Posts
    365
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Protocol, politeness and respect in AP

    I was wondering and thought I was ask the question to all what is considered the right protocol and politeness regarding posting or comments on posts.

    As I have a full time job and family (as I am sure many here do) I can't always be on AP as much as I like and especially not a late night person so tend to check posts the next day or two.

    My question to all is once someone acknowedges and comments back to you, is there a respectable timeframe to response to not be rude & build respect amongst members and do other AP members tend to check after some time if someone has responded.

    Just wondering what thoughts and opinions are
    Cheers, Kassy
    Kassy
    Nikon D700
    CC Welcome and Appreciated

  2. #2
    Sunrise Chaser
    Join Date
    10 Jul 2010
    Location
    Gold Coast
    Posts
    6,346
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I Can't check all the Posts on AP But I do check all mine several times a day especially straight after posting , Personally I like to respond as quick as possible , I usually log on at 7.45 am and I'm out at around 7.30 pm
    Canon : 30D, and sometimes the 5D mkIII , Sigma 10-20, 50mm 1.8, Canon 24-105 f4 L , On loan Sigma 120-400 DG and Canon 17 - 40 f4 L , Cokin Filters




  3. #3
    It's all about the Light!
    Tech Admin
    Kym's Avatar
    Join Date
    15 Jun 2008
    Location
    Modbury, Adelaide
    Posts
    9,640
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My thoughts...

    • Try to check and respond within 12-24 hours after posting a thread
    • Use the subscribe daily summary as a way to remind yourself (you get an email per thread per day with a summary of posts)
    • Use the Thanks button, and post a summary response, use the multi quote feature
    • Give out at least 3 CC's to other threads for each image thread you post
    • Don't be afraid to give hard or direct CC, but always suggest how to improve the image, try to find a positive as well ... CC = CONSTRUCTIVE Critique
    regards, Kym Gallery Honest & Direct Constructive Critique Appreciated! ©
    Digital & film, Bits of glass covering 10mm to 500mm, and other stuff



  4. #4
    Member
    Threadstarter
    ksolomon's Avatar
    Join Date
    30 Mar 2011
    Location
    Gold Coast
    Posts
    365
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    I Can't check all the Posts on AP But I do check all mine several times a day especially straight after posting , Personally I like to respond as quick as possible , I usually log on at 7.45 am and I'm out at around 7.30 pm
    Thanks Bill, sometimes I find it a mine field. Similar to you I log on about lunchtime at work for a quick look or longer if things are quiet then try to get back on each night around 6 but doesn't always happen

  5. #5
    Member
    Threadstarter
    ksolomon's Avatar
    Join Date
    30 Mar 2011
    Location
    Gold Coast
    Posts
    365
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kym View Post
    My thoughts...

    • Try to check and respond within 12-24 hours after posting a thread
    • Use the subscribe daily summary as a way to remind yourself (you get an email per thread per day with a summary of posts)
    • Use the Thanks button, and post a summary response, use the multi quote feature
    • Give out at least 3 CC's to other threads for each image thread you post
    • Don't be afraid to give hard or direct CC, but always suggest how to improve the image, try to find a positive as well ... CC = CONSTRUCTIVE Critique
    Thanks Kim, some great ideas and help in your post. Will look into the daily summary now

  6. #6
    Site Rules Breach - Permanent Ban
    Join Date
    03 Aug 2010
    Location
    Coombabah
    Posts
    1,765
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everyone has a life to live besides AP.
    Post thanks & replies when you are ready.
    If you have loaded some images or topic, yes check it out for a few days, but after that, at your leisure
    Don't lose any sleep over it, it will all come out in the wash.
    If someone is hassling you it is not that important
    Col

  7. #7
    It's all about the Light!
    Tech Admin
    Kym's Avatar
    Join Date
    15 Jun 2008
    Location
    Modbury, Adelaide
    Posts
    9,640
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by colinbm View Post
    Everyone has a life to live besides AP.
    Post thanks & replies when you are ready.
    If you have loaded some images or topic, yes check it out for a few days, but after that, at your leisure
    Don't lose any sleep over it, it will all come out in the wash.
    If someone is hassling you it is not that important
    Col
    I agree!

    Just for reference, posted before...

    ______________________________________

    We have given a rough guideline as to what is considered active participation in the past.
    This is a guide for members to get the most from AP and improve their photography! (Your benefit!!)
    (This link for a more detailed version)

    • Post one or two images per fortnight for CC in the Member Photo forums
      (This is the best way for you to learn)

    • Give a thought out CC to two or three other images for each image that you post
      (more than "nice picture", eg: What you liked, what you would do differently, and why)

    • Maybe enter one competition per month
      (you never know you might make the final or even win )

    • Interact (a post or three) in some discussion on photography
      (a helpful hint or question)


    That can be covered in a couple of 20-30 minute sessions per fortnight and getting out and taking a few photos.

    Even at this low level of participation your skills will improve over 6 months or a year - and you will have fun!
    Last edited by Kym; 30-05-2011 at 2:53pm. Reason: FIX URL

  8. #8
    Ausphotography Regular
    Join Date
    15 May 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    675
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I have broken every thing kym has posted up since joining to me
    Cartel Imagery
    Flickr


    Nikon D7000
    Sony a65
    Canon 5D MKII

  9. #9
    Way Down Yonder in the Paw Paw Patch jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    27 Jun 2007
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,864
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Protocol, politeness and respect


    *giggle*

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •