User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  64

Thread: What does photography mean to you?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What does photography mean to you?

I am still a relative newbie to photography (18m) but I don’t think I am being overly dramatic by saying that photography has changed my life.
    Pre-photography I was a 30 something, slightly bored mother of 2, with a few friends, who watched a lot of mindless reality tv! Now I have a passion, and wanted to share what photography means to me:-

1. Photography is mine. Its not my hubby's hobby that I tag along to, its not something that the kids do, its mine, for me.
    2. I see things differently. I nearly cried on my way to work today. It was the most beautiful sunrise with low level mist and orange cornflake clouds……and I didn't have my camera!
    3. Photography gets me out and about to new places. I particularly love the early mornings, and I'm not a morning person! The peacefulness and beauty of a new day takes my breath away.
    4. I have a hunger to learn..which means countless hours on the internet browsing wonderful sites like AP!
    5. Through photography I have made some AWESOME friends, both real and lots of online people (hopefully they are real too!). I feel like I belong.
    6. My house is a mess. It was never particularly clean pre-photography, but now, well just don’t call in unannounced

I could go on, but I'd love to hear what photography means to you too?
    Last edited by Milbs1; 17-05-2011 at 11:28am. Reason: typos :)
    Shirl
    Gear - 7D, Canon 100mm macro f2.8L, Sigma 10-20, Sigma 24-70 f2.8, nifty fifty, tripod, hitech filters, lowepro versapack and a long wishlist!
    http://www.shirleymilburn.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/ShirleyMilburnPhotography