I am still a relative newbie to photography (18m) but I don’t think I am being overly dramatic by saying that photography has changed my life.
Pre-photography I was a 30 something, slightly bored mother of 2, with a few friends, who watched a lot of mindless reality tv! Now I have a passion, and wanted to share what photography means to me:-
1. Photography is mine. Its not my hubby's hobby that I tag along to, its not something that the kids do, its mine, for me.
2. I see things differently. I nearly cried on my way to work today. It was the most beautiful sunrise with low level mist and orange cornflake clouds……and I didn't have my camera!
3. Photography gets me out and about to new places. I particularly love the early mornings, and I'm not a morning person! The peacefulness and beauty of a new day takes my breath away.
4. I have a hunger to learn..which means countless hours on the internet browsing wonderful sites like AP!
5. Through photography I have made some AWESOME friends, both real and lots of online people (hopefully they are real too!). I feel like I belong.
6. My house is a mess. It was never particularly clean pre-photography, but now, well just don’t call in unannounced
I could go on, but I'd love to hear what photography means to you too?