User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: I've got a new lens! Woo Hoo!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've got a new lens! Woo Hoo!

Well, I finally bit the bullet and took advantage of the special offer with Digital Camera Gear who were having 15% off Sigma lenses.

I decided on the 30mm 1.4 lens as this will give me a nice 50mm-ish image on my 1.6x crop camera.

I had written a couple of posts in the recent past asking peeps about the 50mm etc etc and I would like to say thanks to everyone in helping me choose my lens. The only reason I didn't go for the Canon 50mm is because 1) this was on special and at this moment in time it will do for my ability, and hopefully beyond, and 2) the 50mm would be close to an 80mm on my camera and that is not what I was wanting in terms of size.

Monika
    Equipment: Canon 60D, Nikon FE, Nikkor 50mm 1.8 lens, Fancier FT-662A tripod, 18-55mm kit lens, 55-250mm kit lens, 30mm 1.4 Sigma lens, LR4, PS Elements
    Check out my Flickr photos ... http://www.flickr.com/photos/missmonny/
    ... and then you can like me on www.facebook.com/PhotoByMB or see my shop on http://www.redbubble.com/people/msmonny

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thats exactually why i kicked myself when i got the 50 1.8 and wish i had gone the 30/35 route

looking forward to some pics from it as im in the process of upgrading my gear atm
    Ben

Camera: 7d
    Lenses: Canon 17 - 55 f2.8, Canon 85mm f1.8, Sigma 30mm f1.4
    Flash: 430 exii

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It took me a while to decide but after reading HEAPS AND HEAPS on all types of lenses, it only occurred to me about the crop factor later. Sure am glad I didn't get the 50mm!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do let us know how it goes and whether your copy is sharp etc....I've decided to pick up one of these (for my 40D) as soon as I can scrounge together enough funds ....Had a go on a Sigma 50mm 1.4 on a 5DII tonight and was very, very impressed
    Last edited by Namus; 16-05-2011 at 11:15pm.
    Six|West Studios

Canon 5D Classic | Canon 40D (gripped) | EF 24-70 f/2.8L USM | EF 70-200 f/2.8L USM | 430EXII | Kata DR-467

Ausphotography Regular richardb's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where...... the first shots?