User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Photographing for Job Application (Air Hostess)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Photographing for Job Application (Air Hostess)

Hi all,

Just would like some assistance in a photo shoot I will be doing very soon. Has anyone done a shoot for an applicant that has applied for an airline? My client needs two full body shots, two half body shots (waist up) and four head shots (very similar to passport images). One of the full body shots and one of the half body shots need to be taken in a controlled lighting environment (I have a studio). This is the same with the head shots. The remainder of the images need to be in an outdoor environment (not a problem). These are the requirements requested by the airline. My issue is this, can someone either help or direct my attention to what sort of posing I might need to instruct my client to do. I have done many studio shoots for clients but I am assuming that this type of required photography may be different? Any advice will be helpful! Please advise on lighting technique. I have been instructed by my client it has to be of a white background (not a problem). Also I have a varied array of lighting options so all suggestions are going to be extremely helpful. I would like to know that maybe my images could help her secure her dream job.

Warm regards,

Lanny
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Photography is a science but capturing an image is art.
    www.frangipaniphotography.com.au
    Blog
    lanny@frangipaniphotography.com.au

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lanny.
    Doesn't the airline coy give any guidelines or have any samples? They'd know better than we would. I'd say that'd be 1st port of call, and then going on what they tell you you could ask here about photographic specific issues.
    Am.
    CC, Image editing OK.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi ameerat42,

Not to my knowledge. The lady I am doing it for has applied for a hostess position. They requested her to produce a portfolio. I am assuming that the requested portfolio would not be the same as a general models portfolio? More of a work identification and general appearance portfolio. I could be completely wrong. Never been in this type of area before. I am also assuming it will be more corporate than model posing? Any help would do.
    I'll admit that I could've asked a lot more questions, but I didn't. So I was hoping if I could ask the brains trust here for some advice? Corporate or more relaxed style modelling portfolio?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having never seen any of your people photos I'm not sure how to advises technically, but I would think the typical shots they get back will be either done on an iPhone or similar. I'd really doubt whether they require all applicants to provide professionally done portraits.

Never the less I would think a mix of serious corporate looks, plus more casual smiling fun looks in sensible attire would suffice and done well they ought to stand out
    Last edited by kiwi; 16-05-2011 at 8:59pm.
    Darren
    Gear : Nikon Goodness
    Please support Precious Hearts
    Constructive Critique of my images always appreciated

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    about 20 years ago i did some for a friend who was trying out for Virgin. All they wanted to see was body shape. the way someone held themself and some good headshots. Nothing fancy, wearing smart clothes with a nice smile. As Darren said they're not looking for a professional models portfolio just well lit and looking comfortable with themselves.
    They got the job
    Last edited by flame70; 16-05-2011 at 9:35pm.
    You can call me Jez

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks all for your input. I actually contacted the airline (HR) and asked what they were looking for. For their requirements applicant must just have a full body shot in two casual pieces of clothing. 1 x full body shot in corporate attire and 6 x passport size face images. I am sure this is for a reason. I am just going to find it hard not to ask her to pose in different types of ways. Very restricting!!