Hey all,

At the tail end of Summer this year I decided to start making a really early start on Saturdays, getting out to a different coastal destination each week, taking a few snaps before and just after sunrise and then hit the water for an early surf. I had a few good (inexperienced as they were/are) sessions from Middle Head to Manly (slowly working myself all the way up to Palm Beach and everywhere inbetween, is the plan).

I went to Fiji inbetween and since I've been back it's been freezing and my enthusiasm has somewhat faded at the moment. But this weekend with a lot of swell around I did get up pretty early on both Saturday and Sunday and tried to sneak in a couple of snaps at both Mona Vale and North Narrabeen near the pools there (admittedly, a little lazily just after sunrise)... however, both locations already had customers. lol.

I've noticed this at Dee Why and Newport also on two occasions I got out there. I've never really noticed other more "serious" photographers out and about at these sort of hours, but judging by posts here there's probably a few out there.

Anyway, long-winded point of this post is, are these people I'm seeing out there early on Saturday or Sunday mornings members of this forum, by any chance? Are there a few regular early starters on the Northern Beaches here?

Just curious...