User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  37

View Poll Results: Would you buy a PHOTOGRAPHER T-Shirt through Ausphotography?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

32 60.38%
  • No

21 39.62%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you buy a 'PHOTOGRAPHER" T-shirt?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Would you buy a 'PHOTOGRAPHER" T-shirt?

After a recent member discussion on the site, I am enquiring if you would buy a t-shirt with PHOTOGRAPHER in big letters across the back, and smaller letters on the front, with the AP website address under both?

If there is sufficient demand, I will look into some pricing for them.

Once I get a gauge of what people want, the process would be, that you place your order, pay, and then I will get them printed and delivered to members, so there would be a delay between order and payment, and delivery, but I would keep everyone informed as the process progresses. Cost wise, I would get a $ from the printer, get a postage cost an add on $3.00 for AP from each T-shirt. I am not doing this to make a heap of money, but if we can get a small profit, it means I can offer up another competition prize again.

So would you buy a t-shirt?

Note that this poll is just a gauge of interest, if it proceeds a separate thread will be created giving members more details about the design and how to place an order.

ADDED: some members have suggested the slogan "I am a photographer, not a terrorist" or similar, I am not willing to consider ideas like that, as AP is not in existence to become political.
    Last edited by ricktas; 16-05-2011 at 7:37am.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would IF the T-shirt wasn't to expensive.

It's all about the Light!
    Tech Admin
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Polo as well

Edit: They need a pocket as well !
    Last edited by Kym; 16-05-2011 at 9:10am.
    regards, Kym Gallery Honest & Direct Constructive Critique Appreciated! ©
    Digital & film, Bits of glass covering 10mm to 500mm, and other stuff

Site Rules Breach - Permanent Ban
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes Please.
    Plain & simple PHOTOGRAPHER is enough.
    The adding of other words will just be putting words into the mouths of trouble, I think.
    May I suggest the garment be an over-wear like vest ? Maybe pockets like a togs safari vest ?
    Cheers
    Col

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    T-Shirt would do me to keep it simple and with a low cost
    Canon : 30D, and sometimes the 5D mkIII , Sigma 10-20, 50mm 1.8, Canon 24-105 f4 L , On loan Sigma 120-400 DG and Canon 17 - 40 f4 L , Cokin Filters

It's all about the Light!
    Tech Admin
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A logo and web site are a positive in my view, it does not look home made that way.

It also helps promote AP - which is part of why you would bother.
    Last edited by Kym; 16-05-2011 at 9:26am.

Amor fati!
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah i guess so. but just photographer (and AP logo and address)... nothing political for me.

the price has to be right though as i am flat stoney sinking broke after buying a boat (at least till the tax check rolls in)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ving View Post
    yeah i guess so. but just photographer (and AP logo and address)... nothing political for me.

the price has to be right though as i am flat stoney sinking broke after buying a boat (at least till the tax check rolls in)
    Well, if you stay home one day instead of boating, you will have enough money to pay for 100 AP t-shirts
    Col

Amor fati!
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by colinbm View Post
    Well, if you stay home one day instead of boating, you will have enough money to pay for 100 AP t-shirts
    Col
    got an answer for everything!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ving View Post
    got an answer for everything!
    Yep
    You only get two good days when you own a 'stink boat'
    The day you bought it & the day you sell it
    Col

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Polo please.
    Cheers, Paul.
    Canon 50D w BG l Nifty Fifty l Sigma 10-20 f4-5.6 l Sigma 24-70 f2.8 l EF 100mm f2.8 USM Macro l EF 300 f4L IS USM l EF 1.4X ll TC l 430EXII l Vanguard Alto Pro 263 w BH100 l Manfrotto 680B w 234RC l Lowepro Bags.l Sigma EM-140 Ring Flash.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think its a wonderful idea.. If I was young, middle aged or Male yes I would.
    Not being in those age groups or Gender I would never advertise that . Sorry

I shoot with Canon And Olympus Cameras

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like something as it is a problem, especially 'Surfing' photography...on beaches.

When you’re a photographer, you’ll inevitably get hassled by the authorities telling you to stop taking pictures. Do you stop? No, you kindly show your Photographer’s Bill of Rights, conveniently screenprinted on your lenscloth, and keep on snapping.

The UK Amateur Photographer magazine is giving away these silkscreened lenscloth in its upcoming issue to remind the police what photographers, professional and amateur, are allowed to do:

• There is no restriction on people taking photographs in public places or any building other than in very exceptional circumstances
    • There is no prohibition on photographing frontline uniform staff
    • The act of taking a photograph in itself is not usually sufficeint to carry out a stop
    • Unless there is a very good reason, people taking photographs should not be stopped
    • Officers do not have the power to delete digital images, destroy film or to prevent photography in a public place under either power (ssections 43 and 44 of the Terrorism Act 2000)

Maybe we need something like this to let authorities know that we know what we are allowed to do!

There is actually an info sheet for Australian Photographers at this site

http://www.artslaw.com.au/info-sheet...aphers-rights/

knowledge is a good defender!

The only thing I would remind people is that now the law in NSW allows police to issue a "Move Along" order and even if we are not breaking any laws/bylaws, if we don't stop what we are doing and move along we are then breaking the law and can be arrested!
    Last edited by Doninoz; 16-05-2011 at 12:34pm.
    DON - Teachable, always learning, always experimenting, just want to know everything I can about photography!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd prefer the AP logo on the t-shirt just on it's own as having the word "Photographer" seems a little redundant if I have my camera in my hands or around my neck while I'm wearing it. Would be a bit like a firefighter having "FIREFIGHTER" emblazoned on his/her clothing when it's already quite obvious what she/he is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, I admit I'm one of the ones that ticked 'no' (sorry!)

Maybe if I get a bit better I'd wear one, but at the moment I'd feel like a fraud. That said, for the right price I would like to have a "photography shirt" which I could use as a go-to shirt when I go on expeditions, even if they are a little frisky and I don't want to risk wrecking my favourite cloths.

Conclusion is, I think it'd be cool to have the shirt with the site logo, especially if it was nice and cheap... uh, affordable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Apollo62 View Post
    I'd prefer the AP logo on the t-shirt just on it's own as having the word "Photographer" seems a little redundant if I have my camera in my hands or around my neck while I'm wearing it. Would be a bit like a firefighter having "FIREFIGHTER" emblazoned on his/her clothing when it's already quite obvious what she/he is.
    You obviously have'nt been accosted by Security or Police yet, I have 3 times , Just taking shots inside and out of Buildings , The worst ones were a new Hospital and Skilled stadium on the Gold Coast on the outside!!
    Last edited by William; 16-05-2011 at 1:00pm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Apollo62 View Post
    Happy to be corrected but they do have FIRE or something similar on their gear .

I'm also with Geoff I would feel like a fraud wearing a tee that said 'photographer', I would however get one as it could come in handy in certain situations. So count me in as a 'yes'.
    "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"
    — Hunter S. Thompson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not for me thanks. I still have one from a well known magazine from a couple of years ago I won't wear for a few reasons, one of the redundancy when camera in hand and don't need to draw that much attention to myself. But i don't wear clothes with the logo on the outside either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would get one and would prefer one with a pocket but happy with whatever you decide Rick. I also think having AP mentioned would give it less of the home made look and always happy to promote the site
    Andrew

Mostly Canon gear

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is the pocket for a pen protector, three different coloured biros and a calculator ?

Pockets are ONLY fashionable on business shirts IMHO

So, moving on....what about one that says KIWI on the front and LEGEND on the back - or is that too "out there" ?

(by the way I have several T-Shirts with my logo on the front and the words "Photographer" "Images for Sale" "www.peakactionimages.com" on the back.
    Darren
    Gear : Nikon Goodness
    Please support Precious Hearts
    Constructive Critique of my images always appreciated

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast