Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: VIVID SYDNEY LIGHT SHOW - SATURDAY 28th MAY

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

VIVID SYDNEY LIGHT SHOW - SATURDAY 28th MAY

Well it's that time of the year again folks when we all rug up and venture into the City for the spectacular "Vivid Sydney Light Show".

I would suggest that we meet at Custom's House at 5pm, maybe grab some dinner, ready for the show to begin at 6pm. Parking will be a challenge!

Here's a very shortened version of what's on offer this year.

CUSTOMS HOUSE-
    Nothing is as it seems as one of Sydney’s most stunning colonial buildings, Customs House, turns into glass, mercury, paper, water – and even disappears completely – in a dizzying state of the art projection display.

Large-scale image projection experts The Electric Canvas transform this iconic sandstone architecture with a series of 3D-mapped animation sequences.

LIGHT SCULPTURES-
    Vivid Sydney will include over 40 stunning light art installations from local and international artists in a free outdoor exhibition where children are encouraged to climb on interactive sculptures and aspiring photographers can put their night camera settings to the test.

People of all ages will enjoy this sensory experience, interacting with diverse and colourful sculptures including an enormous sketchpad where you can draw your own light art, a giant crystal spiderweb shimmering in the dark, a social network of friendly fireflies that that react to torch light and a group of rainbow life-size men.

FIRE DANCE-
    FireDance is an incredible performance of dancing flames choreographed to music, the likes of which has never been seen in Australia before.

Using 40 jets of flame higher than a three-story house, FireDance will explode 5 times a night every night of Vivid Sydney – making Campbells Cove in the Rocks, the world’s biggest campfire.

Choreographed to music using the same technology that controls the Harbour Bridge fireworks every New Year’s Eve, FireDance will feature two different shows, alternating between each other on the eighteen incendiary nights of Vivid Sydney.

LIGHTING THE SAILS-
    The multi-disciplined, multi-talented art & design collective, SUPERBIEN create sumptuous environments of animation, photography, light, space and graphic design. Their incredibly compelling work has been transmitted virally at speeds approaching the light it’s made from. These young, innovative, restless perfectionists are the ideal embodiment of the spirit of Vivid in 2011.

Unique and gripping, each of their creations is an immersive experience ,seamlessly integrating every possible technique into new forms of multimedia expression. Come down to the harbour and watch this compelling artwork unfold before your eyes. See Sydney Opera House come alive like you’ve never seen before, and never will again.

For more information look here: http://vividsydney.com/free

PLEASE POST HERE IF YOU ARE ATTENDING THIS EVENT WITH THE AP CROWD.
    Last edited by NikonNellie; 14-05-2011 at 6:53pm.
    CAMERA: Nikon D800, Nikon D7000
    LENSES: AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8, Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Macro, Sigma 10 - 20mm F/4 - 5.6, Sigma 150 - 500mm F/5 - 6.3 APO DG OS, Nikkor 18 - 200mm F/3.5 - 5.6 VRII,
    Sigma 70 - 200mm f/2.8 APO EX DG OS, Tamron SP 24 - 70mm f/2.8 Di VC USD, Sigma 85mm F/1.4 EX DG, Nikkor AF-S 16-35mm F/4 ED VR, Nikkor AF-S 200-500 f/5..6E ED VR
    MY WEBSITES: www.nawimages.com, http://nelliewajzerphotography.smugmug.com/, http://NellieWajzerPhotography.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would love to come, sounds great! I will probably catch the train though, dont fancy finding parking.
    Cheers
    Emma

Avoid shooting with a 12 gauge shotgun. Use a Canon instead.

Canon 5D, Canon 7D, 50mm 1.4, 18-55mm, Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 VC, Sigma 70-200mm f2.8, 580EX Speedlight. Facebook

As Keen As Mustard
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If there are a few of us from out west going maybe we can car pool and all put in together to pay at a parking station?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NikonNellie View Post
    If there are a few of us from out west going maybe we can car pool and all put in together to pay at a parking station?
    Sounds good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will be there, barring some unforeseen circumstance

I will be training it in from Strathfield.
    Canon 7D : Canon EF 70-200mm f:2.8 L IS II USM - Canon EF 24-105 f:4 L IS USM - Canon EF 50mm f:1.8 - Canon EF-s 18-55mm f:3.5-5.6
    Sigma APO 150-500mm f:5-6.3 DG OS HSM
    - Sigma 10-20mm f:3.5 EX DC HSM
    Speedlite 580 EX II - Nissin Di866 II - Yongnuo 460-II x2 - Kenko extension tube set - Canon Extender EF 1.4x II
    Manfroto monopod - SILK 700DX Pro tripod - Remote release - Cokin Z-Pro filter box + Various filters

Current Social Experiment: CAPRIL - Wearing a cape for the month of April to support Beyond Blue
    Visit me on Flickr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Count me in too!!
    "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"
    — Hunter S. Thompson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can count me in on this one. I'll see you all there.
    Cheers
    Darey

Nikon user, Thick skinned and wanting to improve, genuine C & C welcomed.

Photographs don't lie ! - Anonymous Liar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We shall be there..

I am older than I look.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm always in for Vivid!!!

I will most likey be training it unless I head into town early.

Cheers

PeterB666

Olympus Pen F with Metabones Speed Booster and Laowa 12mm f/2.8 or Voigtlander 10.5mm f/0.95 or Nikon D800 with the Laowa 12mm f/2.8. The need to keep in touch with the past is a Nikon Photomic FTn or Nikon F2A and a Nikkor 25-50mm f/4 AI

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you are such a good organiser Narelle. Unfortunately I won't be able to make it this year, I am going to a charity dinner that evening.
    Nikon D90 with Nikon 18-200mm f3.5-5.6 Nikon 50mm f1.8, Tamron 90mm macro f2.8, Sigma 10-20mm f/4 - 5.6, SB-600, Manfrotto tripod and head.
    Software: Elements 10 and Aperture.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh no, we will miss this one by 1 day. Saturday is when we fly out from Sydney to Ireland and the UK.
    However, thanks for bringing it up, we have had a look at the website and may be able to make it down there on Friday night for a walk around.

Hope you enjoy your evening there.

Wayne & Di
    D300s and D60. Nikkor 35mm 1.8 & 50mm 1.8, 18-55mm & 55-200mm; Sigma 10-20 F4-5.6; Tamron 90mm, Elements 8
    ...........................................................................................C&C is always welcome......................................................................

As Keen As Mustard
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikira View Post
    Oh no, we will miss this one by 1 day. Saturday is when we fly out from Sydney to Ireland and the UK.
    However, thanks for bringing it up, we have had a look at the website and may be able to make it down there on Friday night for a walk around.

Hope you enjoy your evening there.

Wayne & Di
    Not a hard choice in my opinion........mmmmm, Ireland/England or Vivid Sydney. If you don't get to see it on the Friday night you will probably be able to see it next year!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ill be there for this tooo, im in westmead and have a 5seater nissan patrol if thats nay help

As Keen As Mustard
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the offer Donnnnnny - I may take you up on that offer yet. I hate driving into the city and I have a lot of trouble with glare at night. I think car pooling is the best way to go.

I am older than I look.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ignore this post - got my threads mixed up.
    Last edited by peterb666; 18-05-2011 at 7:09pm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll catch the train in - 2 meets in 2 weeks - making up for my absence over the past few years
    -Alan

D700 | D80 | 16-35 | 24-70 | 70-200 | 30 | 50 | 85

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Always a good night - a provisional yes for me at this stage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi guys. Will miss this meet as I'll be in sunny Melbourne partying! I'll still be going along to see the lights the following week. Have fun.
    Ness

Nikon D7000, Tamron 17-50 F2.8 XR DiII VC , Nikkor AF-S 70-300 4.5-56 VR
    Speedlight SB700

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HI Guys, we will have to miss this, as it is my niece's 18 birthday party that night

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would love to come but having dinner with friends that night, will check it out the following weekend. Have fun guys !

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast