I know this has been done to death but I’m in desperate need of help! I currently have a 50D and looking to get a second body as I have a few jobs coming up and at this rate buying another body would be more cost effective than renting another body for each job.
I do mostly, weddings, fashion portraits, family portraits and architecture (diverse yes, but I’m an architect by day hence the interest in architecture
Now a pro tog friend has recommended that I was for the 5dmkiii (rumoured to be released by the end of the year- but we’ve all heard that for a while! LOL) and either get teh mkii as the price should drop or the mkiii. Problem is I can’t wait that long to get the second body!
He works for a different camera crew and they find that the 7D doesn't meet their needs for early morning shoots or church shoots (they push it up to 3200iso on their 5ds and tested that with the 7D as well)
So my idea was get the 7D for the interim and when the 5D mkiii is released, sell the 50D and purchase that or the mkii instead. 7D was released not too long ago so fingers crossed they’re not releasing a new one already!
And will purchase the 24-70L f/2.8 to go with it. (Would prob purchase this earlier with the 7D if i go the 7d route now)