User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  20
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: *sighs* well... I tried!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    perhaps to explain why your image was not selected to be the final 12. The 30 finalists were voted on public vote system, and that means that a little bit of appeals to friends on FB, and lo and behold it doesnt take long to get a larger vote for a less appealing image - here's a relevant quote from the same term and conditions:

16. 30 finalists will be chosen based on the number of viewer votes they receive during the Competition Period (the number of ‘likes’ received by the photo on The Weather Channel’s Facebook page).
    HTH
    Last edited by Longshots; 12-05-2011 at 9:33pm.
    William

www.longshots.com.au

I am the PhotoWatchDog

Ausphotography Veteran
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks William, yeah I knew that that was the case for the top 30. The Weather Channel had people judge the photos for the top 12, it wasn't based on a voting system by the public for the second part of the competition. I'm happy I got that far I think I got my prize pack in the mail yesterday, have to go to the post office today to pick up a parcel *happy dance*
    Happy to take all constructive Critique, please don't rework or edit my photos. Thanks!

Canon 6D, 2 Canon 50D's gripped, Canon 1000D, Canon 70-200 F2.8 ( non IS),Canon 70-200 2.8, Canon 24-70 2.8, Sigma 85 1.4, Canon 50mm F1.8.. yongnuo speedlights and triggers, and manfrotto tripods.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kirsty, I know it has been said many times during this thread but I want to say again because I thought your photo was a winner and you should be very proud that you made the top 30. Congratulations
    Kassy
    Nikon D700
    CC Welcome and Appreciated

Ausphotography Veteran
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Kassy! I think it's a winner too, and I'm contemplating getting it printed up on a canvas for the wall

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12