I've been using film for 40+ years and my family want to buy me a digital camera but I am confused and frustrated with all the whizz bang options out there. My camera for 22 years has been a Leicaflex SL2 with a standard 50mm lens, a 35mm wide angle (seldom), and a 250mm telephoto - perfect for my enjoyment - travelled all aroun d the world and Aust with me ... etc etc!
I'm looking a digital replacement - budget around A$1000 - my requirements are basic -
1. Well built - I won't be replacing it
2. Auto settings with easy manual override - not trying to juggle settings on a dimly lit LCD in bright sunlight
3. Auto focus with easy manual override, preferably on the lens ring
4. Depth of field preview
5. External flash attachment
6. reasonable zoom - say from 35mm - 300mm in old terms
7. No fancy schmancy video, in camera effects, face recognition etc etc
8. It should look like a camera - not a cigarette box with a circle of glass in the front!
Yeah, I can hear the moans now, but thats why I'm asking!