User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1

Thread: Meet somewhere south Gold / north NSW Coast 0515 am 05 May?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meet somewhere south Gold / north NSW Coast 0515 am 05 May?

Tomorrow will still be good for the astronomical conjunctions, and it is my birthday, so I'd like to get out somewhere with an interesting foreground for the conjunction (well, the forum won't upload my file, although it uploaded perfectly everywhere else). Sorry about the wrong link, I wasn't trying to cross promote anything- so frustrating when one forum loads it perfectly and this one just gives me a red circle thingy with an exclamation mark!

Steallrium screen preview
    by Photography by Odille, on Flickr

I was thinking of Fingal Heads for the lighthouse - haven't been out there for years, anyone know how long the walk takes etc and is it doable (with a torch of course) on a dark early morning?

Please poke your lens up if you want to join me
    Last edited by Analog6; 04-05-2011 at 7:40am.
    Odille

“Can't keep my eyes from the circling sky”

My Blog | Canon 1DsMkII | 60D | Tokina 20-35mm f/2.8 AF AT-X PRO | EF50mm f/1.8| Sigma 150-500mm F5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM | Fujifilm X-T1 & X-M1 | Fujinon XC 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS | Fujinon XC 50-230mm F3.5-5.6 OIS | Fujinon XF 18-55mm F2.8-4R LM OIS | tripods, flashes, filters etc ||

Moderately Underexposed
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Analog6 View Post
    (well, the forum won't upload my file, although it uploaded perfectly everywhere else). See it
    Non members of that forum ( like me ) cannot view that image and of course we don't go around cross promoting forums on here ----
    Last edited by I @ M; 04-05-2011 at 7:37am.
    Andrew
    Nikon, Fuji, Nikkor, Sigma, Tamron, Tokina and too many other bits and pieces to list.

Ausphotography Addict
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I @ M View Post
    Non members of that forum ( like me ) cannot view that image and of course we don't go around cross promoting forums on here ----
    Sorry about the wrong link, I wasn't trying to cross promote anything- so frustrating when one forum loads it perfectly and this one just gives me a red circle thingy with an exclamation mark! Original post edited to reflect this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Odille, Drive along Fingal Rd, That turns into Lighthouse pde, Park at the end in the Cul de Sac, There is a well kept track to the Lighthouse about 200 mtrs long, With a set of wooden stairs at the end that lead up to the Lighthouse, Probably a 10 min walk, Definatley take a torch, Would love to go , But I have a stinking Head Cold at the moment and would'nt be up to it , Not up to anything for that matter Hope you find someone to go with , And have a happy Birthday for tomorrow - Bill
    Canon : 30D, and sometimes the 5D mkIII , Sigma 10-20, 50mm 1.8, Canon 24-105 f4 L , On loan Sigma 120-400 DG and Canon 17 - 40 f4 L , Cokin Filters

Ausphotography Addict
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    Hi Odille, Drive along Fingal Rd, That turns into Lighthouse pde, Park at the end in the Cul de Sac, There is a well kept track to the Lighthouse about 200 mtrs long, With a set of wooden stairs at the end that lead up to the Lighthouse, Probably a 10 min walk, Definatley take a torch, Would love to go , But I have a stinking Head Cold at the moment and would'nt be up to it , Not up to anything for that matter Hope you find someone to go with , And have a happy Birthday for tomorrow - Bill
    Thanks Bill, I had a look at Google maps, looks pretty straightforward and I have a torch.