User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: AP's new to photography....Im now a student ;)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AP's new to photography....Im now a student ;)

I admit at first I found this site to be overwhelming in the sense that it was information over load for a beginner like myself.

However, I have now taken a few days to start taking in the format, rules and the process I need to follow to learn how to photograph better.

I was going to post up a thread suggesting a step by step guide for people like myself to learn in the correct order. I am guilty for already playing around in manual mode on my camera when I really need to take smaller steps and take in the info better by starting at the beginning.

That's when I stumbled on Kym's AP's new to photography' learning plan!
    (Mod edit, factual correction: NTP was Rick's brain child and he wrote most of the initial content, I wrote the LP, many of the appendicies and also moved the content to the Library when we started that; refer credits in http://www.ausphotography.net.au/for...otography_Book others have and do contribute)

So I am now a student.

I will start my first photographs this weekend. At the moment I am happy to admit I know nothing about photography but I have always wanted to know more about it.

Hopefully over the next few months as I follow the learning plan you will see a big improvement.

Assuming I am posting this in the right section, I will keep this thread up to date with my progress in case there are others out there going through the same process and are interested in following a true dummy's progress
    Last edited by Kym; 03-05-2011 at 12:58pm.
    http://www.dannyandhelen.com

Sony a390 Beginner wanting to improve.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi DannyG! Welcome to AP

First of all- don't feel guilty for playing around in Manual- usually beginners are encouraged to do this and are too frightened You're already a step ahead! The learning plan is a great place to start however, and also a lot of fun! Post up some images after the weekend and introduce us to your own personal, albeit very new, style

Enjoy the forum!

Imogen
    Canon 6D, Canon 550D, Canon 24-105mm, Canon 50mm f/1.4, Canon 85mm f/1.8, Canon 100mm Macro f/2.8 IS USM, Canon 10-22mm f/3.5-5.6

www.imogenbrandrakers.wordpress.com

It's all about the Light!
    Tech Admin
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Enjoy! Ask if you have any questions

I edited you post
    Last edited by Kym; 03-05-2011 at 1:03pm.
    regards, Kym Gallery Honest & Direct Constructive Critique Appreciated! ©
    Digital & film, Bits of glass covering 10mm to 500mm, and other stuff

Who me?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    welcome aboard DannyG, look forward to watching your progress
    Cheers David.

Canon 40D/EF-S 17-85 mm IS/Kenko Extenson Tubes/Canon EF 50mm F/1.8 II (nifty fifty)
    Sigma 10-20mm 4-5.6 /Sigma 70-200/ Sigma 1.4 teleconverter/ some Conkin filters | Adobe Photoshop CS6

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like a good plan Danny. Look forward to watching your progress. Dont worry, we are all still learners.
    Cheers, Paul.
    Canon 50D w BG l Nifty Fifty l Sigma 10-20 f4-5.6 l Sigma 24-70 f2.8 l EF 100mm f2.8 USM Macro l EF 300 f4L IS USM l EF 1.4X ll TC l 430EXII l Vanguard Alto Pro 263 w BH100 l Manfrotto 680B w 234RC l Lowepro Bags.l Sigma EM-140 Ring Flash.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kym View Post
    Enjoy! Ask if you have any questions

I edited you post
    Whoops Thanks Kym, sorry about that error! I only joined a few days ago so along with my photography learning curve I am also learning about this great site.

I must say I am a member of several different forums associated with some of my other interests and besides one other forum I visit regularly this one is moderated exactly how I perceive a forum should be run. I am yet to read any bickering or childish tit for tat threads on here, so well done to everyone concerned.

It's all about the Light!
    Tech Admin
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No drama, just that I like to get the credits correct

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome Danny, I like your attitude , You should pick up the basics very quickly I'm thinking , Looking forward to seeing the results in the Forums- Bill
    Canon : 30D, and sometimes the 5D mkIII , Sigma 10-20, 50mm 1.8, Canon 24-105 f4 L , On loan Sigma 120-400 DG and Canon 17 - 40 f4 L , Cokin Filters

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    welcome danny
    you have come to the right place for learning
    cheers macca