User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: my easter weekend trip to strahan, west coast tasmania.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my easter weekend trip to strahan, west coast tasmania.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/6194415...7626628892472/

great weather up there sunday and monday... so i went stupid with shots whilst the rain was away.

rear of boat shot - was taken on the " lady jane 2 " gordon river cruise.. it was amazing.

beach shots - were taken at ocean beach at sunset, i had never been to westcoast b4 ( living in

tassie my whole 33 years ) and had vnever seen a sunset dissapear behind the flat ocean horizon.

waterfall shots - were taken at hogarth falls in strahan, very misty so getting good shots was harder than expected.

b/w rocks - taken at trial harbour 50km north of strahan, and 20kms drive to beach ( very rough )
    the coast panoramic is trial harbour.

its an incredible spot for photographers
    Last edited by rowdy23; 02-05-2011 at 10:52pm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, you certainly didn't waste your time there, did you?! A wonderful collection with great diversity. There are many to like - I particularly like the waterfall with the whirlpool. Last time I visited Strahan I had one of the first Kodak digitals. Might be time to go back!!

Well done.
    John
    www.pbase.com/jb53 www.flickr.com/photos/johnb53

CC always welcome (encouraged!)!!

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ha ha !! thanks john...... i was stuffed after the weekend.... good thing about that area though , most stuff is close together and didnt req alot of travels

cheers

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Josh - that looks just an amazing weekend for photography that you had there - the weather was great wasn't it - almost tooo good! even at cradle mountain.
    I like the panoramaic series, the covered over boat at the pier and the lushness of the ferns in the waterfalls in particular - a must visit place for next time
    Usually, day time shots aren't as impactful but your first image captured me immediately
    I also like the tanin colour in the waterfalls you've caught too!
    The sunsets in the west can be just amazing from my one experience there at the Arthur River !
    Call me Dylan! www.everlookphotography.com | www.everlookphotography.wordpress.com | www.flickr.com/photos/dmtoh
    Canon EOS R5, : 16-35mm F4 L, 70-200F4 canon L, 24-70mm 2.8IIcanon L, Sirui tripod + K20D ballhead + RRS ballhead. |Sony A7r2 + Laowa 12mm F2.8, Nisi 15mm F4
    Various NiSi systems : Currently using switch filter and predominantly 6 stop ND, 10 stop ND, 3 stop medium GND
    Post : Adobe lightroom classic CC : Photoshop CC. Various actions for processing and web export

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for comments mate....
    i actually got a little excited whilst at ocean beach.. i thought i saw you guys on the beach a couple of hundred metres away... i ran half way then realised it wasnt you...... i was hoping to meet you.

next time

josh