0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations ! Outstanding image !
    Lesley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    Kirsty, congrats, but this does not surprise me. YOU have worked hard to become the photographer you are today. You 'listened' to what we had to say, when you first joined up. You took all the advice and used it, you pushed to improve, you came back and showed us how you had used what was said and worked to make the next series of photos better. You asked questions. You appreciated the advice. You had the determination to get better.

And this is the result. So thank YOU for doing everything you did, to get to where you are now. You deserve it cause you have put in the work to get here.
    Well said Rick.
    Cheers, Paul.
    Canon 50D w BG l Nifty Fifty l Sigma 10-20 f4-5.6 l Sigma 24-70 f2.8 l EF 100mm f2.8 USM Macro l EF 300 f4L IS USM l EF 1.4X ll TC l 430EXII l Vanguard Alto Pro 263 w BH100 l Manfrotto 680B w 234RC l Lowepro Bags.l Sigma EM-140 Ring Flash.

Ausphotography Veteran
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    Kirsty, congrats, but this does not surprise me. YOU have worked hard to become the photographer you are today. You 'listened' to what we had to say, when you first joined up. You took all the advice and used it, you pushed to improve, you came back and showed us how you had used what was said and worked to make the next series of photos better. You asked questions. You appreciated the advice. You had the determination to get better.

And this is the result. So thank YOU for doing everything you did, to get to where you are now. You deserve it cause you have put in the work to get here.
    Thank you guys, and especially you Rick and the Mods, and EVERYONE else that's helped me along the way. I listened to the advice I was given because I have this desire in me to be the best I can be at everything I do ( yes, I was EXTREMELY competitive at school and growing up lol) I can only get better from here, I still have a lot to learn, but I have come an awful long way!
    Happy to take all constructive Critique, please don't rework or edit my photos. Thanks!

Canon 6D, 2 Canon 50D's gripped, Canon 1000D, Canon 70-200 F2.8 ( non IS),Canon 70-200 2.8, Canon 24-70 2.8, Sigma 85 1.4, Canon 50mm F1.8.. yongnuo speedlights and triggers, and manfrotto tripods.

Who me?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats Kirsty, so happy for you , as Rick says you've put in the work , got out there and used the camera, and the knowledge you've learnt. Well done
    Cheers David.

Canon 40D/EF-S 17-85 mm IS/Kenko Extenson Tubes/Canon EF 50mm F/1.8 II (nifty fifty)
    Sigma 10-20mm 4-5.6 /Sigma 70-200/ Sigma 1.4 teleconverter/ some Conkin filters | Adobe Photoshop CS6

Ausphotography Veteran
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you David!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations! It's a fantastic shot!
    Michaela

Comments and critique always welcome and appreciated.

My photos on Flickr
    Canon 5D Mk III | 7D | Assorted Canon Lenses

Ausphotography Veteran
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks so much Michaela! As I type we are having another DOOZY of a storm, lightning, thunder, and hail! got some shots from a neighbours letter box lol, will post them up shortly!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good the prize wasn't a nice Canon camera, otherwise I might have entered and beat you!
    Only joking.

Great shot, and it deserves to win.
    All my photos are taken with recycled pixels.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom, is knowing not to serve it in a fruit salad.

Ausphotography Veteran
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL thank you I was kinda hoping it WAS a nice canon camera... as that's what I own... but, I reckon I'll do just as well with a Nikon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats!!

Your image is stunning and it won't be long now before you know what you have won!! Fingers crossed
    Monika
    Equipment: Canon 60D, Nikon FE, Nikkor 50mm 1.8 lens, Fancier FT-662A tripod, 18-55mm kit lens, 55-250mm kit lens, 30mm 1.4 Sigma lens, LR4, PS Elements
    Check out my Flickr photos ... http://www.flickr.com/photos/missmonny/
    ... and then you can like me on www.facebook.com/PhotoByMB or see my shop on http://www.redbubble.com/people/msmonny

Ausphotography Veteran
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Ms Monny! only a week and a day to go but who's counting lol

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doesn't it give you that warm fuzzy feeling when you get published... Just goes to show that hard work and the ability to listen and learn, really pays off.
    Geoff
    Honesty is best policy.
    CC is always welcome
    Nikon D3000 ... Nikon D90... Nikon D700 Various lenses, Home studio equipment and all the associated stuff
    Flickr

Ausphotography Veteran
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Geoff, yeah it sure does!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmmm what to do with a Nikon... first off I'll take some photos with it so I can show my idiot Uncle in Law that it's not the camera it's the person BEHIND it.. then I'll leave it to the noise to take photos so they'll leave MY camera alone lol
    Great shot yummy...and very good comment! The camera is a very small part of the equation...I've seen some pretty awesome shots with a Kodak 1MP camera. In fact you've set me a challenge. I still have my original Kodak 1MP camera...I will take some shots and see if I can do something as good as or better than with my Canon 5D MK II...Now there's a challenge. I wonder if anyone else can take it on?
    Last edited by Doninoz; 08-05-2011 at 2:11pm.
    DON - Teachable, always learning, always experimenting, just want to know everything I can about photography!

Ausphotography Veteran
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you!!
    That's a fantastic idea! Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just look at that photo. There would have to be a bloody good one to beat that. Good luck...BUT NIKON????? (ask if you can trade it for a Canon)
    Last edited by 41jas; 09-05-2011 at 4:04pm.
    Thanks for looking....Cheers,
    Julie-Anne / Julie / Jules / Julesy / JAS

MY ..... MY BLOG..... Feel free to look.
    Canon 40D / 24-105mm L IS / 70-200mm L IS / 75-300mm / 50mm 1.8 / Sigma 10-20mm / Manfrotto tripod / Bits and pieces to fill the bag.

Ausphotography Veteran
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 41jas View Post
    Just look at that photo. There would have to be a bloody good one to beat that. Good luck...BUT NIKON????? (ask if you can trade it for a Canon)
    Thanks Jules! not wanting to toot my own horn, but there are only a couple of photos in the top 30 that will beat that.. to be honest, I see about 4 or 5 ? go to the weather channels facebook page and have a look through the top 30 album see what you think.
    yeah, I thought the same thing re nikon... but you know what... I'm willing to give it a go... and if i don't like it, I'll sell it, and use the money to get me a nice new lens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well done Kirsty, that is a top storm photo, good luck with the final 12 - hope you are in it....

Ausphotography Veteran
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Coral!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12