I received this message in my inbox on flickr.

My name is Tracy and I am a Photo Producer for Apple’s Graphic Design Dept. I am currently working on a project to refresh some of our desktop images and screen savers.

We are interested in speaking with you about licensing some of your images. At this point, we are in the early stages of our research, but would like to include this image with our presentation. The rights we would require are:

Worldwide, unlimited, used as a desktop or screensaver option. Image will be imbedded in our products and sold pre-installed in the software. Non-exclusive. Duration of license is 5 years. (timeframe is negotiable)

Please let me know if this is something you would be interested in. If so, please email me at (her.name)@apple.com and I will let you know specifically what images we are looking at.

We will need a high res file of the image(s) for our presentation which is scheduled for Wednesday. Can you provide us with something by tomorrow? We need an image that is at least 3200x2000 @ 72dpi.

Can you please also estimate how much this license would be? Sorry for the short notice, anything you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance and please let me know if you have any questions.

Best
Tracy
So my questions are:

Do I take this serious?

Has anyone else been approached in this manner?

What do I charge?

Any advice or feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.