User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: hdr issues

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hdr issues

I have been exporting the same pic from lightroom at -1, 0 and +1 exp as oppossed to bracketing 3 sepperate pics. I use dynamic hdr and I seem to be losing some image quality especially on ultra contrast setting will I get better results bracketing my photos

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In a word - yes. Altering the exposure to produce -1 and +1 images isnt the same as bracketing in camera. You are stretching or compressing the data when you are manipulating the image to get your -1/+1 - but obviously you arent creating any new data. Bracketing will allow areas that were blown out in the original exposure to include data in the -1, and clipped black areas will now have data in the +1. But exporting as you have been doing is better than trying to make a single exposure with a large dynamic range work on its own!
    Canon 5D Mk II - gripped, Samyang 14mm f2.8, Canon 16-35mm f2.8L, 50mm f1.2L, 100mm Macro f2.8L, 70-200mm IS II f2.8L, Gitzo CF tripod and Gitzo CF monopod, Acratech GP Ballhead, Manfrotto Video Fluid Head, Intervalometer, and lots of other stuff!

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cheers mark maybe ive been expecting a bit too much out of the "raw" format