Hi all - i have been absent from the forum for a while as I was getting quite disillusioned with my L series Lens . Two weeks ago i went to Healsville saw a great raptor display there and of the 266 shots I took with this lens i got maybe 5 in focus. All the shots with the kit lens 18-120 came out fine. This pattern has been reflected in the year since I splashed out on this setup with a new 7D.

Today I had two Yellowtailed Cockys in the garden and again got it out to try my hand, and again all the shots were out of focus when using the head as the spot focus point. then I noticed the point that was in focus was a spot about 2 to 3 feet behind the bird, so i tried focusing the camera on a spot about 3 foot in front of the bird, holding the focus lock while recomposing the shot and bingo That shot was just fine, Finally.

Are there any of you guys in Launceston who are familiar with this lens willing to meet me and try my lens on your camera so that I can narrow down the issue to the body or the lens. I would really appreciate it if there is someone willing to help who also owns this lens and would be willing to let me cross check by snapping a few shots with my body and their lens that would also be great. I am not asking for an overnight lend or anything just a few shots with either combo.

Cheers - John