Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how to you view AP?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how to you view AP?

I have been pondering this for a while...

When you are on AP, how do you view the site and it photos?

1. Do you go to 'forum', click on each selection (Abstract, Macro, Nature etc) and then view the images that way?

2. Or do you click on 'forum' then view the newest photos that are on the r/h side?

3. Or do you click 'New Posts' and just view things that are the newest regardless if it is a photo or a discussion?

4. Or only view the selections that appeal to you (landscape, mono etc)

5. Or if all has been seen, do you ever go back - way back - and view photos that you may have missed?

I know I do all of the above but I mainly use no. 2 & 3! Maybe no.5 if I have alot of time on my hands

cheers
    MM
    Last edited by Ms Monny; 26-04-2011 at 10:30pm.
    Monika
    Equipment: Canon 60D, Nikon FE, Nikkor 50mm 1.8 lens, Fancier FT-662A tripod, 18-55mm kit lens, 55-250mm kit lens, 30mm 1.4 Sigma lens, LR4, PS Elements
    Check out my Flickr photos ... http://www.flickr.com/photos/missmonny/
    ... and then you can like me on www.facebook.com/PhotoByMB or see my shop on http://www.redbubble.com/people/msmonny

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I use New Posts primarily.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No4 then No2 mainly, depends on the time of day/night. If at work, it's always on, so I tend to get out of my comfort zones and nosey around abit.
    They call me "Blue" it's a red head thing.
    "My Flickr Site"
    Canon Bodies - 1DMk2N + 50D - Lenses - 17-35mm F2.8 L - 24-70mm F2.8 L - 70-200mm F2.8 L - 300mm F4 IS L - Sigma 18-50mm F2.8 - Sigma 10-20mm
    " I Never get tired of looking at our diverse country, even if its through the lens of someone else".
    CC is always appreciated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I usually use new posts most of the time unless i'm looking for something specific.
    Last edited by joffa; 26-04-2011 at 11:04pm.

Site Rules Breach - Permanent Ban
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #3 almost exclusively, unless I am looking for something in particular.
    Col

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #2 for me then I hit the Macro Forum, Wildlife, Pets/Zoo After that I Look for posts that have no replies
    Then My Threads as I have to answer them.. When I am having a lazy day I do #5 also as there are great threads on AP I still have not read.

I shoot with Canon And Olympus Cameras

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mostly check the right hand side first ( cant say do no 2 that sounds baaad ) the head off and then check each forum ..........or I have done a search first thing if I am after info on a particular subject

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Always #3, never know what interesting things will pop up there
    Cheers, Keith
    Sony A300, Tamron 70-200 2.8, Kenko 2x Teleconverter, Tamron 17-50 2.8, Sony 50 1.4, Strobes - Sony F42AM x 2, radio triggers, plus some studio gear.

www.keithsmithphotography.com.au | flickr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    None of the above!!

I use the RSS feed of all new threads and just look at those as they come in. If I'm interested in a thread I'll click on it, go and look, comment or not, and subscribe to it. Then if there are any new posts to that thread it will come up in my subscribed threads page (the settings button at the top of the screen). I rarely go into the forum menus or use the 'new posts' button. I will sometimes when I remember go into the 'unanswered threads' search and have a look there to see if I can help someone that hasn't had CC.
    Mic

Photography is the art of telling stories with light.

www.michaelgoulding.com

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RSS feeds? thats interesting..I use to do that with another type of forum but found it more consuming.

hahahha - rickstew - that is soooo funny. Didn't get it at first until I read it like "I do no. 2"!!!!!!

It's all about the Light!
    Tech Admin
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are many aids to navigating AP and taming the volume of information.
    These have been centralised under the AP Extras menu item:

• Un-answered Threads - threads without replies, use this to comment on others photos as the first reply
    • New in Members' Photos - just the new posts in the photo's area
    • Today's Posts - what it says
    • Important library books - another way into the Library
    • AusPhotography Gallery
    • AusPhotography Shop
    • AusPhotography Sponsors
    • My Posts - your posts in descending date/time order
    • My Threads - your Thread in descending date/time order based on last post
    • Threads I Posted In - what it says
    • My Competitions - what is says (Comps you entered)
    • Subscribed Threads - what it says
    • Open Contacts Popup
    • Mark Forums Read - make everything as if you read it, makes the New Posts empty
    • Composition Tool - handy tool
    • Search with Google - handy to search AP

You also have the search functions on the top right of the page.
    regards, Kym Gallery Honest & Direct Constructive Critique Appreciated! ©
    Digital & film, Bits of glass covering 10mm to 500mm, and other stuff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i go new post in the top bar then normally go to the sports section in forums. on the odd occasion i will look at f/stop.
    Canon 6d, 7d , 40d, 100-400L, 24-105Lmm, 50mm 1.8, 28-135 and a sigma 18-200
    Aquatech underwater housing
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/neilpoulton/

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As I check the site 2-3 times a day, I use the side bar for new posts. I don't miss many. I'm not into birds unless if the title is interesting. Macro, hardly ever. Generally I'll check landscapes, people and sport.
    Site matters, Fstop, Competitions, and Out of focus are always on my list to view.
    What narks me about the sidebar at times is members that start several threads with just one image in each. I never comment or give CC on any of these, because I find it wasteful.

Geoff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I drop into Threads I've Posted In first, to see threads that I've already expressed some interest in by posting. Then I head over to the New Posts to see what's new.

I'm not really bothered by the genre; I just look for interesting images and discussions and work with them.
    Waz
    Be who you are and say what you mean, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind - Dr. Seuss...
    D700 | D7000 | Nikkor AF-S 18-55 DX 1:3.5-5.6G | Nikkor AF-S 55-300 DX 1:4.5-5.6 G ED | Nikkor AF 50 f/1.8D | Optex OPM2930 tripod/monopod | Enthusiasm ...
    My Flickr images ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really like using the side-bar, it is a really handy feature I think, it has now become my main way of looking at new posts. When I do get the time to go on here, I mainly just stick to looking (and commenting if I can) in the ‘Birds’ section. I sometimes wander into the 'Landscape' section if there is an interesting title, or somewhere that is local as I find it interesting to see someone’s take on the place. If I have lots of time, I like to take the time to look through most of the sub-forums particularly macro, wildlife, night/astro, panoramic, landscapes and sometimes sport/action and transportation. Whatever catches my attention really. Also sometimes have a look in the f/stop and camera/gear sections.
    Tim | Capturing God's Creation

Canon 7D | Tokina 11-16 F/2.8 | Canon 400 F/5.6 | Canon 50 F/1.8 | Manfrotto CF Tripod | Cokin Z GND Filters | Lowepro 400AW | GoPro Hero 2 | Kwik Camo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I usually go to "Unanswered Thread" and see if I can help anyone

Then I search the posts I have made, to see if someone updated anything

Then go New Post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got to the forums I'm particularly interested in and check out new threads or re-review older ones.
    [- Instagram -]

Nikon Slave... (D90 & D300S)
    -- CCs extremely welcome, further editing of my photos is not. Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I view new posts but then choose people now and then and click on all their post by clicking on their name and then view threads started by them. That way I catch up with peoples photos I know because they are easily missed.
    Thanks for looking....Cheers,
    Julie-Anne / Julie / Jules / Julesy / JAS

MY ..... MY BLOG..... Feel free to look.
    Canon 40D / 24-105mm L IS / 70-200mm L IS / 75-300mm / 50mm 1.8 / Sigma 10-20mm / Manfrotto tripod / Bits and pieces to fill the bag.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    new posts first......then threads I subscribed to......my threads if any are fairly current or popular......unanswered posts......then ones that are popular and appeal to me as well. Thats about the order I go on. But not necessarily in that order...
    Graeme
    "May the good Lord look down and smile upon your face"......Norman Gunston___________________________________________________
    Nikon: D7000, D80, 12-24 f4, 17-55 f2.8, 18-135, 70-300VR, 35f2, SB 400, SB 600, TC-201 2x converter. Tamron: 90 macro 2.8 Kenko ext. tubes. Photoshop CS2.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffsta View Post
    What narks me about the sidebar at times is members that start several threads with just one image in each. I never comment or give CC on any of these, because I find it wasteful.

Geoff.
    What if they are posting photos that go in different catagories, like one is in Family, one is in Landscape and one in Transport?? They can't bunch them up together in one thread. Or should they wait and put them up one a day??

If you feel like this, then there are probably lots of others who feel the same; then that makes peoples photos NOT being seen by quite a few people!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast