Brief chat with my sister......we both remember the days of developing film with our dad.....waiting for the chemical and water to arrive.....the tenseness and the timing that had to be perfect. "Stand over there and measure the light for me! Hold the lens cap dear.....stop your brother! He's not big enough to touch"

Then quite a few years after that at a local Ag show the editor asks if I have any for the paper......I look at him blankly and said.....dunno, I have to get the film developed....it will take a few days.....That excitement, going into the chemist to pick up your prints....sitting on the seat outside checking each one with the kids going " I wanna see "

To now.....shooting off many " rolls " of film with total disregard of developing costs. The digital darkroom! OMG....results that my dad could never have dreamed of.....the millions of ways a single image can be reproduced, changed, made better or worse depending on your vision. Instantly! Upload, download, show your friends or ask for opinions....and your results are not permanent....If I decide later than I want the cow to be green I can make it green! Print on a zillion types of paper, at home if I wanted to....from exquisite art paper and metallics to plain old matte or don't print at all! Send images on that internet highway thingo! Send them on your phone! Holey moley how good is that!
I feel a bit like Alice down the rabbit hole.....except I am having the best time! I hope you are too!
cheers
Jan