Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  2

Thread: Manfrotto Joystick head - 322RC2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Manfrotto Joystick head - 322RC2

Hi,

Can anyone who has experience using this head please give me some feedback? I tried it out in the shop and really liked it. Any downsides that you can point out before I pull the trigger?

322RC2

Regards.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have the vertical version and it's good. Friend has the vertical one and his 'slips', ie when locked into place the head slowly droops. There is a tightening mechanism, but on his, it makes no difference. Though both these heads were from the initial batches when it was first released. I reckon, go for it, easiest tripod head to adjust ever. But, check it's maximum weight and check your gear weight first.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    I have the vertical version and it's good. Friend has the vertical one and his 'slips', ie when locked into place the head slowly droops. There is a tightening mechanism, but on his, it makes no difference. Though both these heads were from the initial batches when it was first released. I reckon, go for it, easiest tripod head to adjust ever. But, check it's maximum weight and check your gear weight first.
    I think I will buy it! I played with it in the store and was quite impressed. I don't have any big lenses or intend to by anything long for some time so I think the 5Kg rating is enough. Thank you for your reply, you just cost me $200!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    $109. 95 USD from Amazon .... Check it out here.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...RC2+&x=16&y=21

I have bought a bit of gear from Amazon & not had a problem. Might have to wait about 3 weeks for delivery.
    John.

Canon EOS 50D
    Panasonic Lumix TZ10

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A mate of mine has the vertical one and it used to slip.He pulled it apart and cleaned the innards,its as good as gold now.
    Waiting on a train

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use the 322 (on an 055 Pro), and it's been brilliant. The only drawback I found with it is going to portrait mode and not being able to get enough forward tilt. I got around this by also purchasing an L-Plate too and believe it's now a great kit, this also helps keep all the weight above the centre of the tripod. I do a lot of landscape and also studio product work and it's great in both. I use D300 with grip and up to 70-210 lens, never had any slippage problems. Best part about ball heads is they make a more compact parcel for travelling compared to 3 way heads.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 to junqbox's comment - I too went on to use the L-plate for the same reason.
    Last edited by bushbikie; 09-04-2011 at 4:39pm.
    5D MkII Gripped | EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II | EF 24-70mm f/2.8L | EF 50mm f/1.4 USM | EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM | EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro | Extender 2x II | 580EX II & 430EX II Speedlites
    Wanted: The list is long.......so very long........(sighs)
    Oldies but still goodies: AE-1+Program | FD 28mm f/2.8 | FD 50mm f/1.4 | FD 70-210 f/4

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice! Thank you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got both vertical and the 322. They both awesome, highly recommended....

Can't do panning with absolute straight line very well thu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use a 222 vertical and find it great . There is a way of adjusting the pressure other than the + /- on the body if you take the haed of the tripod there is an allen key in the bottom of the ball tighten this probolem may be solved it was advise given to me and no more droophttp