User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: huon river sunset

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

huon river sunset

We've had a couple gorgeous sunsets the last couple nights down this way - I'm guessing the volcanic ash cloud is contributing to them. Here's one from near the Huon River a bit earlier tonight.

I can't get a good enough HDR image to do the sunset justice, and any more exposure just blows out the sky! Amazingly, the colour change from the red through to blue is exactly as it actually was - I had to check the sky after taking this shot to make sure it wasn't lens aberrations. To the right were trees, so I've cropped these and lost some of the blue sky.

sunset1 by ScottM70, on Flickr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Scott I'm looking forward to some great sunset pics from Tassie and Melbourne over the next few days . This is a great shot I like the way the pic is almost divided by the orange and blue hues

Site Rules Breach - Permanent Ban Frank 44's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A nice sunset

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks!

The hues were quite amazing, especially how distinct the hues were, left to right.

That pole is a bit distracting out in the water. Does someone with more PP experience know how I can graduate the hues in the water if I clone out the pole? The colours change quite quickly, so a clone I just tried didn't quite work properly.

Apparently the ash 'cloud' is expected to be over Adelaide tomorrow on its second rotation of the earth. I reckon with a couple more fine days coming up porsche, there'll be some more similar sunsets in the next few days. Good luck with your shooting!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi Scott,

As you posted this in Not For Critique, you are not going to get much in replies, other than nice sunset, which it is
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Rick,

That's okay, I wasn't expecting much else posting in here, and there wasn't sufficient detail in the foreground for my liking to post in the other forums Have a couple ideas on how to remove it now, and got a reasonable result from Photomatix very early this morning, so will re-post in future.

Cheers