User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  16
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thinking SS Dicky for a Sunrise...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never been there I am in for this........
    Dwarak Calayampundi

Canon 5D Mark II, 7 D Lens Canon 24-105mm L Canon 16-35mm II L Canon 100mm Sigma 10-20mm Canon 50mm 1.8
    http://www.wix.com/dwarak/landscapes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would be keen to head along to this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Allann View Post
    No probs. It's a great place to visit and so many opportunities for shots. Remember, the wreck isn't the only thing to photograph there. Have a look at my Dicky Beach gallery, only about half the shots are of the wreck for ideas, or better still, come home with something totally unique.
    Wow Allan, the images in your gallery are fantastic!

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good interest so far - I'd like to go there the night before with family and do some night shots and then at Sunrise. If it proves to be a bad date due to high tides etc. I am happy to use a different date (one Sunday before or after) - I really wanted to hit the spot and happy to work on the best date and availability.
    Last edited by dbose; 20-04-2011 at 3:48pm.
    Cheers DJ

I am a keen learner and always seeking improvement tips from others

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never managed to get to Pt Cartwright or the SS Dicky, so I am up for either (or both). Pretty flexible for weekends in May.
    Sarah
    www.sarahwhytephotography.com

Canon EOS 7D | Canon EOS 350D | Canon EFS 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM | Canon EFS 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 IS USM | Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 | Canon EFS 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 IS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by whytebate View Post
    I've never managed to get to Pt Cartwright or the SS Dicky, so I am up for either (or both). Pretty flexible for weekends in May.
    Hi sarah,

I just checked your gallery in your website. It is great.
    Be happy, life is beautiful, even through a humble point and shoot camera
    Flickr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm interested, will keep an eye on the thread
    Canon 7D, 40D and 17 - 85 is usm, 100mm f2.8 macro, 50mm f1.8, 50mm f1.4, 70 - 300 is usm, Sigma 10 - 20mm, 70 - 200mm f2.8L

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm interested - haven't really done full on night shot before so that would be an interesting challenge for me, if we went up the night before....lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Allann View Post
    Hi, just thought I'd stick my head in here and let you know that on the 15th it's a high tide at sunrise, the dicky looks best at low tide, but don't let me stop anyone from going. Low tide is at 11:55pm, so a night time shootwould yield better results. Maybe a few stars and the wreck??
    I might be able to make this one.

SS Dicky is fine on a high tide..... just watch as the waves roll in.

Getting there and setting up EARLY is the key here, keep the sand pure and you cant go wrong.

Thanks
    Kane

FINE ART PRINTS: www.kanegledhill.com.au
    FLICKR: www.flickr.com/photos/kanegledhill
    FB: www.facebook.com/kanegledhillphotography

Canon 5D Mk II | Canon 50D | Canon EF 17-40 f/4 L | Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Lens | Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8 L USM Lens | Canon EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM Lens. Fotoman 617 (medium format film)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would be worth a sleep over guys to go there. Dicky Beach is dicky. I mean its great but you need to be flexible and ready for it. The caravan park right there is good to stay at. You can do Pt Cartwriight the first morning, have some breakfast somewhere, book into the caravan park, go to Buderim Waterfall at Buderim or Kondallilla Falls up in the Montville hills during the day .head back to Kings Beach or whatever for the sunset shots across to the Glasshouse Mountains, take in fish n chips near the Caravan Park for dinner then a few beers etc and camera talk before heading off to bed to get up at 4am to set up for Dicky Beach on the second morning. There are also some good touristy shopping and coffee shops and bakeries at Montville and down the road abit at Maleny they have a wicked bakery and coffee shops and art/craft shops for the ladies. ..SO WISH I could come on this weekender .. I love that area.....If you are into star trails you could go to the road where the entrance into Mary Caincross Park is and do a nice Startrail shoot aiming in the right direction but watch out for the cows and keep off the road....it gets busy along there after 10.00 when the pubs close around the area. Have fun....some of us had some fun with light painting on the SS Dicky at night too one time we were down there....there is also a dam along the road to Montville that would be a good site for star trails too. .haven't tried it there yet and forgotten what is is called.
    Last edited by David; 26-04-2011 at 11:53pm.
    Comments and CC welcome..

Gear: Canon 6D & 1Ds Cameras l Canon EF 17-40mm F 4.0 L USM l Canon EF 24-105mm F4.0 L IS USM l Canon EF 70 - 200 F4.0 L USM Lenses I Manfrotto Tripods I Adobe Photoshop CS6 l Lightroom 3.0 I Lee Filters

"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes." Marcel Proust 1871 - 1922

dieselpower
    The Caravan Park at Dicky Beach is called 'Dicky Beach Family Holiday Park' in case you haven't been able to find it.

The proposed weekend is also the weekend of the Australian Rally Championship Qld round. The day stages are up in the state forest and the night Super Specials are at the Caloundra Showgrounds.

I'd love to come to the meet but sadly I don't know that I'll be able to make it, got a stack of guys coming for the rally and they may not appreciate a 4am start for a photoshoot quite as much as I would!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im also interested and i should be in the area (for the Body art festival at Eumundi)
    Would be keen to try night photography or a sunrise, dependant on where we stay for that weekend
    Last edited by ril14ey; 27-04-2011 at 1:53pm.
    All CC is welcome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am keen but would probably have to make the trek in the early hours of the morning, I will keep an eye on the posts as it gets closer to the date...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm in for the 15th or the weekend after - have a work team triathalon on the Gold Coast the weekend before!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds good to me . It will be my first meet from this forum. I'm only 20 minutes away at that time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I will check in to the caravan park at Dicky beach on the 15th night will do some night shots long exposure stuff or if the conditions are good some startrails or time lapse I am into that sort of stuff now if anyone is interested pm me.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwarak View Post
    I think I will check in to the caravan park at Dicky beach on the 15th night will do some night shots long exposure stuff or if the conditions are good some startrails or time lapse I am into that sort of stuff now if anyone is interested pm me.
    The caravan park is booked out that weekend - damn. I am looking at the appartment opposite - it's called Portabello...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been watching this thread with lot of interest, I don't think I can do the 15th but if I can I will be in. If it was the following weekend I would be in for sure
    Kassy
    Nikon D700
    CC Welcome and Appreciated

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Likewise. I'm out for the 14th/15th weekend - if the date changes, please let us know! I look forward to seeing everyone's images.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just getting this thread a bit warm - it's sort of got a bit cold. I am still up for the meet up on the 15th. I'll be staying overnight from the 14th - want to try some night shots of the wreck if I can. Still have not booked a place to stay but should get something for the night.

We'll meet along Elizabeth street and Beerburrum Street opposite the 'Portobello' around 5AM (I'll hopefully be there way before though )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't make that weekend. Have fun everyone.
    Thanks for looking....Cheers,
    Julie-Anne / Julie / Jules / Julesy / JAS

MY ..... MY BLOG..... Feel free to look.
    Canon 40D / 24-105mm L IS / 70-200mm L IS / 75-300mm / 50mm 1.8 / Sigma 10-20mm / Manfrotto tripod / Bits and pieces to fill the bag.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast