User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  2

Thread: Because i'm too scared to post in the CC yet ;p

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face Because i'm too scared to post in the CC yet ;p

So this is my 2nd post here, and first attempting to show my photos other then to people through the facebook feed. Bit scary!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bridiex...7625155050508/
    Here's my flickr account, mostly photos of my adorable daughter (As her mother I have to say that, but seriously, she's pretty cute!)

The oldest photos are at the top, working down to the most recent, all are taken from Oct' 2010 onwards.

Hope you enjoy lurking through x

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi,

members generally will not click a link and go to another site to look at a photo/some photos. Have a read of this Library article on how to link your Flickr photos so the actual photo appears in your AP thread.

Don't be concerned about posting photos for CC, after all the only person that doesn't gain from that, is you. If you want to learn how to improve your photography, you need to get CC.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

A royal pain in the bum! arthurking83's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's it!

As Rick said, no need for concern on your part about receiving CC.
    In general, the CC given on AP is accurate and respectful.
    The only one that will gain from taking that leap of faith is yourself, so read other's thoughts(and remember you don't necessarily have to agree with them either!) and take what you can from those thoughts.

Tip: try to keep the number of images per thread(for CC) between 1 and 3 or so,. Too many images makes it difficult to scroll up and down the screen to review the images as you compose the CC reply... Oh! and number them too
    Nikon D800E, D300, D70s
    {Nikon}; -> 50/1.2 : 500/8 : 105/2.8VR Micro : 180/2.8 ais : 105mm f/1.8 ais : 24mm/2 ais
    {Sigma}; ->10-20/4-5.6 : 50/1.4 : 12-24/4.5-5.6II : 150-600mm|S
    {Tamron}; -> 17-50/2.8 : 28-75/2.8 : 70-200/2.8 : 300/2.8 SP MF : 24-70/2.8VC

{Yongnuo}; -> YN35/2N : YN50/1.8N

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I've clicked on your link to have a look at some of your work and I'd say you have absolutely NOTHING to fear! There are some great shots in there, including some with experimentation in angle, composition and colour! Well worth sharing with the rest of the community. The criticism around here is assiduously CONSTRUCTIVE so if you look at it as though the member is genuinely taking the time to try and help you improve your craft, you have nothing to lose! Cheers.
    Waz
    Be who you are and say what you mean, because those who matter don't mind don't matter and those who mind don't matter - Dr. Seuss...
    D700 x 2 | Nikkor AF 50 f/1.8D | Nikkor AF 85 f/1.8D | Optex OPM2930 tripod/monopod | Enthusiasm ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi bridiexo, just had a quick look at a few on your stream, particularly the Wellington Point shots (an old fave of mine) and I strongly encourage you to post some here in AP. I have a few suggestions for some of them and would rather cc them in here. As Rick suggested most people dont want to follow links off site to afford their own cc.

Members providing cc also gain experience & confidence in providing that feedback so it becomes a win win for both parties. You will find that you receive faster cc here (in my experience anyway) so in essence, potentially learn faster.

Remeber, you don't have to accept it as it is someone else's opionion / preference (yet still constructive). 'Salt' is a good analogy, it may end up all over your food but you don't have to eat it.

As you learn and become more confident your enjoyment will jump to new heights. Don't be afraid, put some up and trust in yourself. I look forward to seeing some soon

Roy

5D MkIII gripped; EF 17-40 f/4L; EF 24-105 f/4L; EF 50 f/1.8; EF 135 f/2L; 580EXII; Manfrotto 055XPROB & 308RC ballhead; Computrekker Plus AW
    My Photobucket / My flickr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bridiexo,
    If you really are keen to improve - post shots in AP for CC.
    There are a lot of very good TOGs here so the learning curve can be very steep.
    Just remember they are talking about the shot you post, don't take the CC personally.
    I'm new to photography, and I don't even have a DSLR - - and they tolerate me!
    Fredo
    Fred
    D600, D300, D5100, F100
    Sigma 50mm f/1.4; Sigma 24-70 f/2.8; Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8; Nikon 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6 VR.
    3 X Nikon SB-700 Speedlights; Battery Grip; Manfrotto 679B Monopod

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks everyone! I'll pick some a bit later and find the link to post the pics directly - thanks for the heads up!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bridiexo View Post
    thanks everyone! I'll pick some a bit later and find the link to post the pics directly - thanks for the heads up!
    Good on you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CC is good. How else are you going to learn?