User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  5

Thread: Any good books for Elements and LR??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any good books for Elements and LR??

Hi all

I read the Book Review section (and took down quite a few notes ) but I didn't see anything in regards to Elements or LR.

I bought the dummies books for both and I am NOT impressed at all.

Can anyone give me a name and author of any great books that will help me understand these (not so much LR as I think I have nailed that).

cheers
    MM
    Monika
    Equipment: Canon 60D, Nikon FE, Nikkor 50mm 1.8 lens, Fancier FT-662A tripod, 18-55mm kit lens, 55-250mm kit lens, 30mm 1.4 Sigma lens, LR4, PS Elements
    Check out my Flickr photos ... http://www.flickr.com/photos/missmonny/
    ... and then you can like me on www.facebook.com/PhotoByMB or see my shop on http://www.redbubble.com/people/msmonny

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello again Ms Monny.
    Have a look at bookdepository.com and type want you want in the search. I got the Photoshop CS5 Essential Skills book, and it's great.
    It has a DVD with movie tutorials in it that are fantastic. I'd watch the video for a minute or so while having CS5 open, and doing what the video does there and then.
    The only problem is finding the time (for me anyway) to sit and practice.
    Geoff
    Honesty is best policy.
    CC is always welcome
    Nikon D3000 ... Nikon D90... Nikon D700 Various lenses, Home studio equipment and all the associated stuff
    Flickr

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Anything by Scott Kelby is suggested reading from me.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The LR book by Scott kelby is a fabulous read. I got my copy of eBay for cheap and it's the best book I have read. I learnt alot
    "I press buttons and hope for the best!"
    Check out my Flickr page

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Highly recommend "the missing manual" by Barbara Brundage. I have the Elements 8 version for Windows, it is a great book and hasn't failed me yet. Has over 600 pages! The layout of the book is brilliant - easy to find what your looking for, it is very easy to understand and it also gives you visual examples.

http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596803476/
    Tim | Capturing God's Creation

Canon 7D | Tokina 11-16 F/2.8 | Canon 400 F/5.6 | Canon 50 F/1.8 | Manfrotto CF Tripod | Cokin Z GND Filters | Lowepro 400AW | GoPro Hero 2 | Kwik Camo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scott Kelby's LR book is excellent...easy to read, easy to understand and he writes in plain English..He covers everything from the basics to more complicated techniques. I just have the book beside me when I am trying something and I am a real beginner when it comes to PP. I even did a montage for the first time and it took me about 5 minutes to do I have just discovered the print section and it is brilliant but with out his book I wouldn't have had a clue!!
    If you are interested in my first attempt at this, I can upload it for you to see.
    D610 and D90 with a 16-35mm f/4,a 70-200mm f/4 ,a 300mm f/4 +TC11 convertor, 18-200mmDX and 85mm micro Dx.

Sally...CC always appreciated

My Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/salnel