User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1

Thread: 3 part series photo idea

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3 part series photo idea

Hi i need some ideas of an interesting subject to take pics and print 3 photos to put in 3 frames at my place.

I was at some place a guy there took 3 pics of ocean stuff and sat the 3 photos next to each other, one was a star fish cant remember the other 2.

Moderately Underexposed
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds very much like a triptych to me and they can be very effective when done well.

The subject content can be extremely varied from land / sea scapes to portraits and the only limiting factor is your imagination.
    Andrew
    Nikon, Fuji, Nikkor, Sigma, Tamron, Tokina and too many other bits and pieces to list.

Moderately Super
    Marlo, a small coastal town in the far east of
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mile, you live in Queensland! Surely you can think of something interesting - a surf board, a shark fin and a pair of goggles!

I think that you will have to think about what you are really interested in and I'm sure you will come up with something that will grab people's attention. If not, think of someone you know or know about who you think is interesting and go with something to do with their hobby. Good luck
    Nikon F65, D50, D200, D700

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love triptychs and the cohesion between three different pics...another way I've seen this done before is to get a larger picture and display it in three separate sections. This is usually done with canvas prints rather than traditional frames but still...could be another way to go
    Andy

Nikon D7000, 70-200mm (newly obtained...no pictures up shot with it yet)
    Olympus E-420, 14-42mm, 18-180mm, 70-300mm f/3.5-5.6 (shutter has died on this one )

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah i have not given what subject to use alot of though, thats why i thought may as well ask and see what ideas can come from it. ill give it some actual thought next week, i have been very busy lately. In fact i better get off here and start some work

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm looking to do something like this for our bedroom here at home. I;m thinking some pretty simple shots of simple flowers, done in black and white or sepia. Just need to get my act together and actually tackle it....

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seaside can be a good source - drfitwood, shells, creatures washed up etc. Triptyches can be a very effective way to show your art. The possibilities are, as they say, endless.

I have some on my RedBubble, just to give you ideas -

Whale tails: http://ih1.redbubble.net/work.573000...f.flukes-3.jpg
    Seagull landing: http://ih0.redbubble.net/work.705548...ady-or-not.jpg
    Whale breach (vertical 4 shot): http://ih3.redbubble.net/work.699922...h-sequence.jpg
    Trees: http://ih3.redbubble.net/work.626289...eek-giants.jpg
    Last edited by Analog6; 08-05-2011 at 8:41am.
    Odille

“Can't keep my eyes from the circling sky”

My Blog | Canon 1DsMkII | 60D | Tokina 20-35mm f/2.8 AF AT-X PRO | EF50mm f/1.8| Sigma 150-500mm F5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM | Fujifilm X-T1 & X-M1 | Fujinon XC 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS | Fujinon XC 50-230mm F3.5-5.6 OIS | Fujinon XF 18-55mm F2.8-4R LM OIS | tripods, flashes, filters etc ||

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mine is a ghost crab, soldier crab, seagull works well preditor & prey
    canon 5D mark III tamron 24-70 2.8 vc, 50mm 1.8, tamrom 70-200 2.8 vc, remote tripod
    perseverance

Rob