Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What a waste of time.

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kym View Post
    That brings back memories. Was a member over there some time back. Had some fun. Still have a collection of trophies of my own out there in cyberspace.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenedis View Post
    Rick,

If you're the sort of person who takes delight in deliberately making someone else's job difficult, then you surely won't be very surprised if some of those people decide to send more annoying calls your way.

The behaviour you encourage in this instance IS childish and ineffective. Too bad if you don't want to hear that.

If you really care about preventing others from being victims of scams, why not contact the appropriate authorities instead?
    And maybe you should read the site rules, cause calling members childish could see you banned for a while. Keep this about the topic and not about members
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rick,

Just to clarify, I called the behaviour childish.

Anyway, I've nothing more to say about this topic.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenedis View Post
    Neither am I, but when I see people encouraging others to exhibit childish, ineffective and completely wrong behaviour, I will call it for the utter BS it is.
    When you make statements like this, about other members comments, it is personal, and not the standard we expect on AP. You are entitled to an opinion and comment, but not at the expense of making statements like this one, about others points of view, to which they are also entitled.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scam calls are dangerous for the unwary, they aren't demonstrating any morality, so I can't see how it is a problem for someone who has the time to mess with them a bit.
    I have more of a problem with the various religious door to door salespeople, they are so sneaky with trying to engage you in conversation if you try not to be rude to them. Sometimes there is no option other than being abrupt. I thought having three dogs on the verandah would be a deterrent...apparently not!

Formerly : Apollo62
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lani View Post
    I thought having three dogs on the verandah would be a deterrent...apparently not!
    Perhaps they believe that divine intervention will prevent your dogs from chewing them up

Moderately Underexposed
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lani View Post
    I have more of a problem with the various religious door to door salespeople, they are so sneaky with trying to engage you in conversation if you try not to be rude to them. Sometimes there is no option other than being abrupt.
    Seeing as they are so easy to spot approaching the door here it gives me plenty of time to get my welcome routine enacted. I have never had to listen to anything they have to say, I have never had to utter a stern word ( or any words for that matter ) and I certainly haven never had to be abrupt.

Answering the door naked seems to make them all want to leave quite suddenly, can't for the life of me imagine why though.
    Andrew
    Nikon, Fuji, Nikkor, Sigma, Tamron, Tokina and too many other bits and pieces to list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ROFL @ Andrew......might work here but the only problem is it is getting a bit nippy to be whipping the gear off!
    Now to remove that mental picture......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hahaha just reading thru this........we used to have a little blue heeler bitch that would jump onto the bonnet of unknown vehicles and growl thru the window........the godbotherer's only ever made one visit and didn't get out of the car......they did a quick u turn and sped off when I called the dog off.........way before the days of phone scams.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An old friend got caught! $ 425 later! Bastards!

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a fairly wild thread isn't it. I've never had trouble with people at the door. I just don't let them get into their spiel - whether it's an electricity co. or a religious evangelist - say I'm not interested and wish them a nice day. They go away. You can usually tell when it's a "cold call" on the phone, there is always a pause before the person starts talking. I hang up.

Moderately Underexposed
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for dragging up an oldie but today I had a laugh.

A rather heavily accented lady told me how I could save $1,000.00 a year on our electricity bill by "investing" in their proven, money back guaranteed, originally priced at $400.00 but today reduced to $250.00, professionally installed energy saving device.

I went along for the ride with plenty of positive oohs and aahs and agreed to buy the device, that was a definite positive to her, I almost heard her heart beat increase over the phone. Due to her insistence that I spell out the correct name street address for the device to be installed at I proceeded to sound out each and every letter to facilitate delivery.

Strangely enough, she didn't really twig when she had the requested info in front of her ---

Peter Iamnotafool
    27 Youareascammer Street
    Calcutta
    Vitoria

All was seemingly good, all she needed now was my credit card number to finalise my "investment" but with much regret I told her I didn't own a credit card and even that didn't prove to be a stumbling block because I could do a direct deposit to their bank account.

Cooool, just let me get a pen and write down the details, ok, got the bsb, account name and number.
    Thanks for that, I will transfer the money shortly.

Kerlunk, end of conversation.

A quick google of a phone number and a call to the bank of QLD was met with many thanks, within a minute of my call that account was "frozen" and the activity reported to the police according to them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I @ M View Post
    Nah Graham, we are on the DNCR and it in no way stops people in far away lands using VOIP connections from ringing us and trying to pretend that they are more than just a scammer.

As for the DNCR, it does stop the likes of Tel$tra and the various blood sucking banks from ringing but I would really love to see it extended to stop the begging calls from 56 billion registered charities.
    So, so true. And if you're a business, DNCR register only protects my home number.
    William

www.longshots.com.au

I am the PhotoWatchDog

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123