Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thailand

hello forum dwellers!
    I'm planning to visit Thai in August.
    I haven't been there before.
    Advises required
    I don't really trust common travellers impressions
    Of course I can find some info re tours etc, but I'm interested in photographer's advises
    Like what are the best places to go shooting, most spectacular and so on.
    any info appreciated
    Nikon D750, Tamron 15-30, Nikkor 70-300 VR2
    https://antongorlin.com
    Real Estate Photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi Anton. Been there a few times and love the place. Phi Phi island is great, get there from Patong, Phuket on a ferry though. No cars, food and drink and accom cheap. Bridge on the Keai river is a good day out. The old capital city Ayuthaya (sp?) about one hour north of Bangkok. We went up into the golden triangle last time....elephant rides etc, Chang mai and Chang Rai are lovely places too. In Bangkok, a river ferry ride is good tog food, get off at the Temple of the moon, the Royal palace, big golden reclining buddah, etc. I`m sure others will add to this list. You will have a good time for sure.
    Graeme
    "May the good Lord look down and smile upon your face"......Norman Gunston___________________________________________________
    Nikon: D7000, D80, 12-24 f4, 17-55 f2.8, 18-135, 70-300VR, 35f2, SB 400, SB 600, TC-201 2x converter. Tamron: 90 macro 2.8 Kenko ext. tubes. Photoshop CS2.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thailand is great for photos....all the temples are amazing....if someone tells you something is closed ignore them...they will tell you its a bhuddist day or some other special event so they can show you round! (for a proce of course!) Also beware the helpful Tuk Tuk driver......Taxis are great and cheap. Try to be prepared that when coming out of air con hotels your gear will steam up! So you can't shoot immediately. Thailand is still a developing country, you won't realise this until you get out of Bangkok, but plenty of photo ops!

Krabi is lovely but avoid patong unless you like busy and cheap and nasty!

Roo
    Call me Roo......
    Nikon D300s, Nikon 35mm 1.8 DX, Nikkor 50mm 1.4 Af-S, Nikon 18-200mm VR, Nikon 70-200VRII 2.8, Sigma 105 Macro, Sigma 150-500mm f5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM, Tokina 12-24mm, Sb-600, D50, Nikon 1.7 T/C, Gitzo CF Monopod

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    having extensively traveled Thailand and its islands, Ive done some fashion shoots there as well as travel photography etc - will reply when I get home tonight, and tell you the hidden gems and off the beaten track places - instead of staying or visiting tourist dumps like Patong in Phuket hehe

key word for anything outside of Bangkok is to hire a car and drive yourself, but we'll discus that later