Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  2

Thread: Camera Weather Covers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Camera Weather Covers

Hi all

I'm after some info in relation to camera weather covers, Tassie’s wet season is now upon us (not sure if it even left this year) therefore a lot more days with rain and ever changing conditions.

I’m after a few user recommendations for weather covers, I have had a pretty good search around on the net and found multiple options, now to just pick which one I want! It will be used for landscape and sports / wildlife photography.

Do any members here use them? If so which ones? And what’s good n bad about it?

Any info would be great appreciated

Matt

Ausphotography Site Sponsor/Advertiser OzzieTraveller's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    G'day Matt

I would also be interested in finding an answer to this Q
    When I'm out in rainy weather, -while actually shooting- I wrap the camera in a plastic bag to keep the rain off it
    The commercial things I have come across -tho not searched seriously- all seem to be wacking great things more suited to underwater pix than backpacking in the bush

Regards, Phil
    Of all the stuff in a busy photographers kitbag, the ability to see photographically is the most important
    google me at Travelling School of Photography
    images.: flickr.com/photos/ozzie_traveller/sets/

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just got these on Ebay, it worked well at the Go Karts on Saturday.
    Shown below fitted to my 7D and 150-500 fully extended.

IMG_4880aSz.jpg
    Last edited by Speedway; 14-04-2011 at 12:16pm. Reason: update link

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    have a look at AquaTech's Sport Shields.. I've been using them myself for many years and they seem to be one of the best solutions I've used so far and widely used by professionals.. you can find them at my store:

http://nightgroove.com.au/index.php?cPath=4_280

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How sturdy are these covers Speedway? would it be single use or you will get a few uses out if it?
    Last edited by matt22; 15-04-2011 at 1:27am.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NGP View Post
    have a look at AquaTech's Sport Shields.. I've been using them myself for many years and they seem to be one of the best solutions I've used so far and widely used by professionals.. you can find them at my store:

http://nightgroove.com.au/index.php?cPath=4_280
    This was one of the ones i was looking at online NGP, looks like a nice setup, How hard is it so focus with the cover on?

Matt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I own the SS-300 and SS-600, both have an opening for the tripod mount.. I can easily put my hand through to zoom in and out..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have used 2

1) durable cover but doesn't hold flash. Can reuse many times, draw cords etc, zippers. Expensive ($40)
    2) Optech Rainsleeve flash - thin material, probably last you 3-4 rains at least
    http://optechusa.com/rainsleeve.html
    Main advantage is the viewfinder hole tho.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've used the Kata E702 for the trips to Iceland and Scotland with really good effect (talking about standing underneath waterfalls and getting splashed by atlantic ocean waves)
    The positives : durable , tough, 100% waterproof, the hand inlets work really well for using buttons and focusing. It also has a bottom zip which means you can zip it around a tripod mount.
    The cons: using it for wideangle work is a pain or with any other lens the size of a sigma 10-20mm (or smaller ) because of the thick outer supporting ring. it just fits my 70-200 with the 5dmkII, it wouldn't fit anything bigger I Think.

http://www.video-direct.com/accessor...nts-cover.html
    Last edited by Dylan & Marianne; 18-04-2011 at 7:11pm.
    Call me Dylan! www.everlookphotography.com | www.everlookphotography.wordpress.com | www.flickr.com/photos/dmtoh
    Canon EOS R5, : 16-35mm F4 L, 70-200F4 canon L, 24-70mm 2.8IIcanon L, Sirui tripod + K20D ballhead + RRS ballhead. |Sony A7r2 + Laowa 12mm F2.8, Nisi 15mm F4
    Various NiSi systems : Currently using switch filter and predominantly 6 stop ND, 10 stop ND, 3 stop medium GND
    Post : Adobe lightroom classic CC : Photoshop CC. Various actions for processing and web export