Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which Lowepro Backpack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Young View Post
    Just don't let them weight it, ie don't carry it like you're struggling. I think I must have close to 20kg or more in mine! If they ever said I couldn't take it on board I'd start unloading it and start putting cameras, lenses and flashes around my neck and just carry the laptop and shove the batteries in my pockets just to prove a point. There is no way on earth I would ever check my gear.
    Tiger airlines actually wanted me to check in my camera gear as it was too heavy. I told them "NO. If you think i'm going to check in 10 grand (exaggerated) worth of camera gear in only to be thrown around and lenses to be broken and possibly stolen. You must be mad. Are you going to take responsibility if anything happens?" They actually let me onto the plane with my stuff. The bag weighed in at about 14KG.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I picked up a Fast pack 350 from a Qld store on EBAY - genuine article with AW cover for $120.

It fits - 400d 550d, 24-105, 100-400 L, 10-20 mm, 450ex flash, CPLs, Cokin filters, spare batteries and that's just the bottom section.
    Also has a 17" laptop compartment and room on top for goretex, fleece, book and another hidden pocket wallet passport etc.
    Never has a problem flying with it as it is pretty much compliant.

Cheers Starman

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the Flipside 300, good bag and comfy but need a bit more room now. Was thinking about the 400 model & after seeing the pic that was in the thread link above, I think thats the way to go. Seems to be pretty popular & if its anything like the 300 then it will be a great bag. Thanks.
    Last edited by Ozzi Paul; 09-07-2011 at 2:06pm.
    Pentax K20D & Grip, Sigma 17-70 f2.8-4.5 DC Macro, Sigma APO 70-200 f2.8 EX DG HSM II, Metz Mecablitz 48 AF-1 flash, LowePro Flipside 300 backpack, Photoshop CS 5, Lightroom 3, Manfrotto Monopod & 498 RC2 Ball Head, GoldPhoto "Tracker" Tripod, Hoya CPL and UV filters, Yongnuo RF602 flash triggers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12