Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which Lowepro Backpack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which Lowepro Backpack

Hi all, I would like to buy a Lowepro Backpack for my gear. I have a Canon 50D, a 50ml prime, a 17-85 ml and a 100-400 ml lens. I was looking at the Computrecker or the Fastpack 350. I like the look of the Fastpack 350 due to the easy access to the camera compartment. My question is will the 100-400 ml lens fit in it, attached to the camera. Does anybody use one with similar gear ? It also needs to be of a size freindly to be used as carry on luggage on a aircraft. Thanks for any help/experiences, Jeff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Jeff. I have, and would highly recommend the Lowepro Mini Trekker AW. It will fit all that you have, and more, unless you need room for a Laptop. I have a 40D & Sigma 120-400 which fits in as well as the BG on the body. Check one out. I'm sure you wont be dissapointed.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jeff,

Good luck with your choice. Lowepro have some great Backpacks. I am sure as PH005 said all your gear & more will fit nicely. I really like mine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you find the perfect camera bag please give me a buzz. I used to have Lowepro back pack but found it a pain always taking it off when I wanted to get my gear. I now am using a lowpro sling-bag which I am happy with, try not to have your 100-400 ml lens to snug a fit in the bag as a impact might make it 50-200.My sling bag holds a laptop but you might find it easier and lighter to take a extra memory card if you need the storage. Keep in my mind the storage pocket is great for storing your camera manual or things you don't want creased.
    Waiting on a train

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to all for the replies, I appreciate it. I'll check them out, regards, Jeff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Flipside 400AW and I LOVE IT!

I can fit a 1D and 5 lens + 2 speedlites in it. Include a 70-200.

Very easy to access the camera gears too.

But can't put a computer in there thu.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raaf Hornet View Post
    ... It also needs to be of a size freindly to be used as carry on luggage on a aircraft.
    It is aircraft friendly. Rather than the overhead lockers I slide it under the seat in front of me so I can access my travel documents, mp3 player and notebook as well as the camera if I have a window seat.
    Nikon D90, 18-200VR II, Tokina 100mm Macro, Sigma 150-500, Nikkor 35mm, Giotto Rocket Air Blower

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a pile of bags but have found the Flipside AW400 to be the best of the lot. I also have a slingshot bag but it gets way to heavy on one shoulder when travelling. The back pack is great to carry and has a ton of room - check out the following thread which has some pics of the bag with gear in it and lots of useful info. http://www.ausphotography.net.au/for...267#post682267
    Hobart Camera semi newbie

Canon 50D
    Canon EF-S 17-55 2.8
    Tamron 18-270 mm
    Canon 10-22mm lens
    Canon 50 mm 1.4
    Benro Carbon Fibre Tripod C-258 + B-1 Head
    Canon 10D EF 100mm 1:2.8 Macro Macro Ring Lite MR-14EX
    imac 24" 2.8 Aperature II

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi has anyone checked out the Kata bumblebee D210 backpack? Wanting a good camera bag for travel, so on flights, and just carrying around all day as well as being able to hold a few other personal items etc. This one seems to be good but haven't been able to personally check it out as yet....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm just watching this thread myself - I had a mini trekker and it recently got stolen. So I'm on the hunt for a replacement.

I'm curious about the Kata Bumblebee - I saw a thread about it on Whirlpool earlier today, that wasn't you was it Ebdrel3? I will look into the Flipside, but I really don't want to get anything much larger than the Mini Trekker, as I found most of the other Lowepro bags I tried just far to big. I remember buying the Compu Trekker only to realise how massive it actually was.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can I recommend checking out F Stop Gear, they have two packs which might be worth looking at. The Guru and the Loka, both smallish backpack style that can go carry on. Good quality gear and everyone who has one seems to rave about it, very versatile system too. I've been using one of their shoulder bags for 3 years now and it's great.

Only down side is they are US based so you can't check it out in person.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another Flipside 400AW owner and yep love it and find it easy to use. Reckon I could get netbook in there as well but have not tried.

Wont fit in the panniers on the bike though so I made a rack on the top box and strap it onto it. Has a lot miles under its belt and never a problem.

Everything has to be tough to survive in my world.
    Cheers
    Wilky "We have taken a vow of poverty, send money to annoy us".

I know you believe you understand what you think I said,
    But I am not sure you realise that what you heard , is not what I meant

Canon Eos 450D Linux user

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've just ordered a Flipside 400 AW as it looks like the best out there for my needs. I especially like the ability to have it horizontally open whilst you are wearing it for easy access to your gear!

The Commander
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just bought the flipside 400 aw today and I have to say it is excellent. It was an upgrade from my Slingshot 300aw and though the slingshot has been a great bag, it is not the best for carrying around a lot of gear for long periods. The flipside can accomodate a pretty big lens and I would expect the 100-400 would fit but best try the fit at a dealer. I loaded up everything which I would not normally do and the bag is extremely comfortable and sits well on my back.
    Please be honest with your Critique of my images. I may not always agree, but I will not be offended - CC assists my learning and is always appreciate

https://mikeathome.smugmug.com/

Canon 5D3 - Gripped, EF 70-200 L IS 2.8 MkII, , 24-105 L 4 IS MkI, 580 EX II Speedlite, 2x 430 Ex II Speedlite

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Jeff, I have the Computrekker and it will fit the 100-400 attached to a body fine

If you are planning to buy and store more gear in the future than dont just get a bag which can hold the maximum capacity for the current gear, but something that can store more in the future.

Currently my Computrekker holds a 100mm prime, a 12-24 ultra wide, a 70-200 attached to a body with grip, 4 external flashes and triggers and 3 battery packs, a 15 inch Macbook Pro and charger and mouse and adapters. Occasionally whilst traveling for work I can squeeze more in the front pouch, even a light change of clothes sometimes.

The Computrekker will fit in all airlines luggage compartment in Australia even the smaller budget ones like Tiger and Jetstar, as well as all international carriers from my travel experiences.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just don't let them weight it, ie don't carry it like you're struggling. I think I must have close to 20kg or more in mine! If they ever said I couldn't take it on board I'd start unloading it and start putting cameras, lenses and flashes around my neck and just carry the laptop and shove the batteries in my pockets just to prove a point. There is no way on earth I would ever check my gear.
    D7000, D300, Nikkor 50mm F1.4D, Nikkor 18-200mm, Tokina 11-16mm F2.8, Sigma 8mm F3.5, SB800, 3x SB600

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also have had the computrecker ($99 a clone) for over 4 years and it is filled with my gripped 400D fitted with my 90mm tammy, my 7D fitted with the 18-250 sigma there is also room for the 150-500 sigma, the nifty 50, the 10-20 sigma,the extension tube set, Yongo flash, remotes and triggers, spare batteries, chargers, monopod and all the other small bits and peices. I find it very comfortable to carry with about 12-15 kg of gear loaded.
    Keith.
    Keith

Canon 400D Gripped, Canon 7D LCD Timer Gripped, Canon 70-200 f2.8L is ii. Canon 2X iii Extender, Canon 50mm 1.8, Sigma 150-500, Sigma 18-250, Sigma 17-50 F2.8, Sigma 10-20, Tamron 90mm Macro, Yonguno YN460 & 460ii Speedlights and a Hanimax TZ 1 Flash, Wireless Triggers ,LED Macro Ringlight, Extension Tubes, 3 tripods, 2 monopods, PS Elements 5 & 10, PSP9 and canon s/ware, various filters and other photographic paraphernalia all packed in a computrecker backpack. NEW:- Panasonic GX8, 45-150, 14mm F2.5. PSE 2018.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am another flipside 400 aw user, have 5 camera bags, but that gets the most use, followed by by Tamrac velocity 7, for when all I need is one camera/ two (smallish) lenses.

The other 3 bags have turned into storage, for the camera gear I rarely use.
    I have this silly idea, that I should actually go and take photos with all this photography gear I have already accumulated, before I collect any more!

See some of my photos here.
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/David...5888662?ref=hl
    And my very randomly updated blog.
    http://davidarnold.wordpress.com/

Who let the rabble in?
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Flipside 400 is the best bag I have ever used and I have used and still own many and probably still have about 7 of them!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow. Lots of flipsides around.

Anyway if you like quick access. Lowepro fastpack **0, Kata 3N1-** (** denotes size and specification), Vanguard Uprise 4*, Tarmac speedpack.

I personally don't like bagpacks without fast access. I have the 3N1-33 and it takes a 15" mbp. 70-200 f2.8, 100-400l, 17-55, 50mm, flash and still has some spare space in the lens compartment area and without touching the top section. If you really want you can fit another 3 smaller lenses up top but you will prolly need the trolley attachment after doing so as it'll be crazily heavy. It depends on how you configure it and use it. I went to the shop with my stuff.. tried all out and the 3n1 came out tops for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast