Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  17
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Roleystone/Araluen Meet

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What time do ppl want to meet up there? Am & do lunch? The place is pretty spread out & there is a bit of walking etc to take up the time
    Imagine a world without photography... one could only imagine. - Berenice Abbott

I Shoot Canon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi I can make it anytime Sat but not Sunday it sounds amazing
    Sam

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Juanita, we need to set a date and time!
    If its morning, then I would like to go early and do sunrise there (esp if Enduro's friend can let us in early?), and maybe all stay for brunch?
    If later, then happy to meet at 4.30pm, do sunset and dinner (not sure where?).

My vote is for morning (I have only ever done evening AP meets!).
    Shirl
    Gear - 7D, Canon 100mm macro f2.8L, Sigma 10-20, Sigma 24-70 f2.8, nifty fifty, tripod, hitech filters, lowepro versapack and a long wishlist!
    http://www.shirleymilburn.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/ShirleyMilburnPhotography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saturday is good for me. ill go the entire day.
    Cheers
    H.B

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm glad i checked the 'new posts'- only just caught this thread! I'm keen to go as i STILL havent made it to a meet.. I agree with Milbs1 also- a morning shoot is probably best- sunrise and a brunch thing. The sun is rising later each day- so it's not even a massively early start- about 6am probably. Im keen to do that, and that way the light just gets stronger instead of disappearing? Sat 7th is good for me Where would we be meeting at Araluen- is there a specific meeting point?

- Imogen
    Canon 6D, Canon 550D, Canon 24-105mm, Canon 50mm f/1.4, Canon 85mm f/1.8, Canon 100mm Macro f/2.8 IS USM, Canon 10-22mm f/3.5-5.6

www.imogenbrandrakers.wordpress.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Early morning would be great for me, too!
    Michaela

Comments and critique always welcome and appreciated.

My photos on Flickr
    Canon 5D Mk III | 7D | Assorted Canon Lenses

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would prefer morning, particularly as I am attending a concert that evening.

I don't know what else is available but Genesis in the Hills cafe is very close by and has very yummy food for those who enjoy such things
    Mike

The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
    Marcel Proust

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool man!! THis is my mother's day present (have to spend sunday with mother in law) morning would be great

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, if you wanted to do a sunrise then we may have to meet at the golf course & then possibly move on to the botanical park. I just checked and the botanical park only opens at 9am ...too late for any sunrise. If we went to the golf course very early I would think there may be mist in the valley but I can't be sure because I have been too lazy to go there early to check. I checked up sunrise & I think it is 06:51 hrs. Probably need to get there by at least 06:00 hr to walk & set up ?...if you want to go to the golf course there are a number of lakes & streams with the trees turning in that valley. There is a bit of walking around (& not flat ground) to get your nice spot.

I have have called the golf course just now & the manager has approved of us coming, so long as we leave by 8am...they are expecting lots of golfing after that.

On another note seeing you guys are coming up. I was notified this week that Pickering Brook (not far from here, kind of next town) are having a show this weekend. The show committee have secured $600 worth of prizes from Camera house. I guess they are after submissions to show case Pickering Brook, farming, agricultural, orchardist, equestrian. I have not gone up there but I think it will be colourful with the trees turning, lots of orchards & valleys, that may be interesting for saturday too. They are having a fireworks too.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BTW, I am waiting for someone to get back to me with the details of the submission date for the Pickering Brook Show Comp. Let you know the details later. Also found this link to the show...nice for the kids...

http://www.kalamunda.wa.gov.au/Visit...turalShow.aspx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fantastic. So 6am at the golf course?
    A nice early start, lets hope for some colour and/or mist at least!
    If any new members would like a contact mobile # flick me a PM and I'll send you mine. That way if you're late or lost you should be able to get in contact with us

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds good! Would we just be meeting in the golf course carpark? (I haven't been there before, but assuming it won't be too hard to find.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sweet I'll b there. Look forward to it

Perth...somewhere in the southern suburbs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On Sat the sun is rising at 6:51. First twilight will appear at around 6.20 but the golf course is around 300 m above the sea level so we will be able to see first twilight at around 6:10 (unless it is behind the hills)....To have some time to find a nice composition and set ourselves up it would be great to meet early. I'll be there way before 5:30 AM
    Treat my comment not as a critique but more like another point of view and please, share yours on my photos

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoTomD View Post
    On Sat the sun is rising at 6:51. First twilight will appear at around 6.20 but the golf course is around 300 m above the sea level so we will be able to see first twilight at around 6:10 (unless it is behind the hills)....To have some time to find a nice composition and set ourselves up it would be great to meet early. I'll be there way before 5:30 AM
    Well I'm not going to be a wuss, so I will aim for 5.30 too!
    Dont forget to bring a torch!

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, yes I would say maybe before 6am would be best. There is a fair slope to negotiate into the valley. I would say ppl just go there & walk down the fairway & set up maybe, rather than hang around the carpark waiting for each other. There will be a heap of Roo's around there as well if ppl are careful not to scare them walking down may make a nice scene.

There is only one road to get up there "Heritage Drive" follow it right up (fair way up the hill) eventually you will come to a small round-about ~ go left there should be a sign ~ to the club house. There is lots of parking on the left opposite the club house (Up a steep drive, lots of trees in front not so visible). Follow the path to the left of the back of the club house & go around to the front you will see the fairways there & walk down.

Bewdyful

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    5:30 am at the golf course is ok for me I hope I can find you guys!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It shouldn't be too hard to find everyone - we're all going to need to be carrying a torch!!!

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Samphire View Post
    5:30 am at the golf course is ok for me I hope I can find you guys!
    Yes, just make sure you drive to the club house & walk around the front to the fairway...you will see a bunch of ppl fiddling around in the dark...hehe

Make sure ppl bring something warm as it is cold up here now when the sun is down. The valley's are very cold.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't make Saturday guys, on night shift fri and sat, so will still be at work when you are making your way through the fog lol......have fun.
    J e f f

D90: with optional noob skills.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast