Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  17
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Roleystone/Araluen Meet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Roleystone/Araluen Meet

I just reviewed the pic's I took at autumn last year & the date was the 11th of May.

It starts getting very cold up here at night from here on in, which turns the trees.

There are the orchards that turn too...especially the persimmon trees...amazing orange, rust & reds.

So we could probably make a tentative date for a shoot/meet on April 30, May 1st, 7th or 8th...after that too many leaves will probably be dropped particularly if it starts blowing.

I will keep an eye on the trees up here as they turn. We can go into the botanical gardens (aprox $4 from memory) & the golf course is pretty amazing too.

Just got work out what the best time of day would be. If you want mist then there is plenty before the sun is up, swirling around in the valley's.

There are also some natural granite watering holes up here with water flowing around that ppl may find interesting...need sturdy shoes...steep.
    Imagine a world without photography... one could only imagine. - Berenice Abbott

I Shoot Canon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sounds like a good day Juanita. Count me in work permitting.
    J e f f

D90: with optional noob skills.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a definite. Prefer Saturday mornings to Sundays, but depends if my other half is cycling or not...
    Shirl
    Gear - 7D, Canon 100mm macro f2.8L, Sigma 10-20, Sigma 24-70 f2.8, nifty fifty, tripod, hitech filters, lowepro versapack and a long wishlist!
    http://www.shirleymilburn.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/ShirleyMilburnPhotography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a definite, too! The 7th might be a bit tricky, as it's a family birthday, but I could probably work around it if that's the day everyone chooses.
    Michaela

Comments and critique always welcome and appreciated.

My photos on Flickr
    Canon 5D Mk III | 7D | Assorted Canon Lenses

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For me for early mornings only the 8th works.
    Any other day I can make it a late afternoon - evening session.
    Peter.

Some of my photo's are at www.peterking.id.au

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, trip down memory lane. My dad had an apple orchard on the border of Karragullen and we would go swimming at Araluen and Roleystone pools (before they closed). Alas, that was 50yrs ago, now I live in Brisbane. I will look forward to any shots you may post.

Bill Nicholls
    Canon 40D, 24-105 L, 170-500 Sigma, various filters and flashes.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Billnick View Post
    Ah, trip down memory lane. My dad had an apple orchard on the border of Karragullen and we would go swimming at Araluen and Roleystone pools (before they closed). Alas, that was 50yrs ago, now I live in Brisbane. I will look forward to any shots you may post.

Bill Nicholls
    Bill, the pools are my fav place, I go there every day & swim the dog...wonderful & peaceful

Perth...somewhere in the southern suburbs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Count me in Gemini Whenever majority decides. 8th seems great
    Treat my comment not as a critique but more like another point of view and please, share yours on my photos

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just an idea of this one to tie in with my earlier post a BBQ meetup on/around the 7th May. Juanita, do you know of an area that we can utilise for a BBQ? This would work well for all those whom replied to the 7Th May "Throwing it out there" Post.

What do you all think?
    They call me "Blue" it's a red head thing.
    "My Flickr Site"
    Canon Bodies - 1DMk2N + 50D - Lenses - 17-35mm F2.8 L - 24-70mm F2.8 L - 70-200mm F2.8 L - 300mm F4 IS L - Sigma 18-50mm F2.8 - Sigma 10-20mm - DJI Mavic Pro Platinum
    " I Never get tired of looking at our diverse country, even if its through the lens of someone else".
    CC is always appreciated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just updating my initial response - unfortunately, I'm not going to be available on the afternoon/evening of the 7th of May due to an earlier commitment. I would be able to make it on any other date/time.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never been to Araluen, but do know someone in management there.

Whats happening at Araluen in May?

What are our plans for the day?
    "Nature photography is about choosing a location, crawling through dirt, being bitten by insects and occasionally taking a great image". - Wayne Eddy.

Canon 5D MkIII, Canon 7D, 17-40mm f/4L,
    24-105mm f/4L
    + Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS +400mm f/5.6L + Canon 1.4xTC + Canon 100 EF f2.8 USM + 430-EX

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi guy's. sorry been offline for a few days this week. So I gather you fancy the 7th?

If you want to go to the botanical park for a shoot they have BBQ's there tables etc. Then there is the actual golf course where the trees are amazing & there are ponds, reflections ...that needs to be late (maybe a sunset there) so we don't get bonked on the head by golfers. Then if you really want to stretch it I can take you to a place to do some cool light painting & maybe if you are so inclined a milkyway shot (have not got a clue how to do that myself).

Let me know

I will try to take a look at the trees down there how they are turning over the next couple of days...last year it was amazing.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I might be able to make it (finally!!), will have to see closer to the time though...all fingers crossed
    AKA Andrew P.
    Gear: Nikon D7100, Nikon D90, Nikon 18-105mm VR, Nikon 70-300mm VR, Sigma 150-500mm APO DG OS, , Sigma 105mm f/2.8 EX DG OS HSM, Tamron 90mm Macro Di, SB400 speedlight, SB700 speedlight, Nikon DR-6, Panasonic FH20, and all sorts of stuff

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini2261 View Post
    Hi guy's. sorry been offline for a few days this week. So I gather you fancy the 7th?

If you want to go to the botanical park for a shoot they have BBQ's there tables etc. Then there is the actual golf course where the trees are amazing & there are ponds, reflections ...that needs to be late (maybe a sunset there) so we don't get bonked on the head by golfers. Then if you really want to stretch it I can take you to a place to do some cool light painting & maybe if you are so inclined a milkyway shot (have not got a clue how to do that myself).

Let me know

I will try to take a look at the trees down there how they are turning over the next couple of days...last year it was amazing.
    I'm still keen.

I talked to my friend that works there and she can let us in before the public arrive in the AM. We didn't discuss the PM. Apparently the trees have not started changing yet.

Keep us informed.

Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi...I'm new to the site but I would love to meet up but will have to confirm closer to the date. The 8th is completely out for me (Mothers Day) but 7th I should be able to do just have to make sure the hubby isn't working.

Thanks,
    Jacqui

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am very interested and the 7th sounds ideal. It's about time I met some of the people who produce such wonderful photos and this area is only 10 minutes away for me.
    I just wonder whether the long, late summer might affect the timing of the trees' colour shift although I've noticed my liquid amber is just starting to change.
    Mike

The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
    Marcel Proust

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blissful View Post
    I am very interested and the 7th sounds ideal. It's about time I met some of the people who produce such wonderful photos and this area is only 10 minutes away for me.
    I just wonder whether the long, late summer might affect the timing of the trees' colour shift although I've noticed my liquid amber is just starting to change.
    We have a week to go & it is starting to get very cold at night up here (can be a good 4-5 degrees warmer at the bottom of the hill, sometimes up to 10). I have had the fire going 2 nights now, so they should turn now, going to take a drive up the road later to check out the golf course.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey so is this penned in for the 7th? I'm new to the site as well but wouldn't mind meetin others with a photography hobby. Just gotta google where aralien is haha
    Cheers
    H.B

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey all, I am very new to this site! but very keen to head up to Araluen!! Would love to join you... Are you planning for this Saturday??

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nicolef View Post
    Hey all, I am very new to this site! but very keen to head up to Araluen!! Would love to join you... Are you planning for this Saturday??
    Yes come along...we have not figured out whats the best time yet for ppl...stay tuned

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast